Quick/Fast pass for toll roads

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by michickenwrangler, Sep 23, 2011.

1. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Where/how would I go about for getting a quickpass fast pass (whatever they're called) for the I-80 tolls from Toledo, OH to New Jersey?

Thanks

--From a Michigander.

We don't have those wacky toll roads in our state.

2. ChikeeMomma

ChikeeMomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Mid Michigan
    I am not at all versed in toll roads, but I did have a run in with one toll road company -- all the way out in California! I have never driven in the state of California, but they sent me a bill for going through the toll road without paying the toll. So I did some investigating to be sure that it was not a scam. It was not.

I can't remember the exact reasoning behind them having my license plate #. I think it had something to do with them having the license number, but did not know what state the vehicle was licensed in. Well, someone else licensed in another state with the same number as me must have driven the toll road without paying. It was strange. I called the California Secretary of State and the Better Business Bureau in that area to be sure it wasn't a scam before calling the toll road company that had sent me the bill. I was told by BBB and the toll road company that I did not have to worry about my identity being stolen or something. I was worried about that! Needless to say, I was not responsible for the bill and it was cleared!

So that's how I came to learn that there are actual toll road companies who handle the toll roads. Being a fellow Michigander myself, it had no clue about toll roads. I would have thought the State of California handled it. Maybe it is the same story in New Jersey and Ohio. The company that handled this particular highway in California was simply called The Toll Roads. Good luck in your search!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  3. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    EZpass... [​IMG] As far as acquiring one, I don't have clue.

4. goldfinches

goldfinches Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Maryland
    In IL, we were able to buy them in certain grocery stores. Search online for EZPass, they will let you know how to order them. You'll probably pay either $10 or $20 for the transmitter, and load it. We have ours reload $40 when it hits $10 automatically.

5. michickenwrangler

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Got my EZ pass mounted and get to head out East early Sat. morning! [​IMG]

6. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:Ohioan here trying hard not to make Michigan jokes.... glad you found it out , have fun.

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Have a safe trip. Careful driving in NJ. We have lots of aggressive crazies on the road here.

8. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Winfield
    Come to Alabama and you'll be glad to pay to drive on a good road!!![​IMG]

9. michickenwrangler

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Quote:That's what boyfriend has been complaining about on the phone these last several weeks. [​IMG]

And what's the deal with the "no left turns"?

10. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:You better be staying in then.. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by