Quick question

You could actually cut the chicken wire and frame a tiny through way for your littles, just to make sure no one gets poked by any wire. So happy for you

Thank you! ❤️
I reckon we’ll just fold it back down and staple it when everyone is fully integrated and getting along. We’ll likely remove that nursery part, as we do use the space to store stuff in the shed too. Personally I wouldn’t mind making that area more permanent, so they’d have more space, but not sure if the hubby would like that idea.

Thank you! ❤️
I reckon we’ll just fold it back down and staple it when everyone is fully integrated and getting along. We’ll likely remove that nursery part, as we do use the space to store stuff in the shed too. Personally I wouldn’t mind making that area more permanent, so they’d have more space, but not sure if the hubby would like that idea.
He can build/ get a new shed🤣then you could hatch/ buy some more chickens😉 I only have 6 too, 3 bigs 3 littles but my coop is big enough for 14, but my hubby doesn't know that, slow and steady, lol

He can build/ get a new shed🤣then you could hatch/ buy some more chickens😉 I only have 6 too, 3 bigs 3 littles but my coop is big enough for 14, but my hubby doesn't know that, slow and steady, lol
😄😄pretty sure he wouldn’t go for that!
I do appreciate your plan though!

my hubby swore we weren’t getting any more chickens. We were down to the three, plus two cats, (our dog died in 2019 and we decided not to get another)...but I wanted the Easter eggers. I left tractor supply saying no more and he is the one who convinced me to go back and get them! Though after the stress of this integration (which of course I fretted about and overthought out of all proportion 🙄) I believe these may actually be the last.
But I said no more once before! 🙂

I hear ya, my hubby said no more too, but we'll see, lol... I'm sorry to hear about your dog, we have a 17 yr old dachshund that is nearing the end of his years. Definitely keep us posted on the ladies. ♥️

Last night I had to go into the run and show the little ones that they needed to go up the ramp for bed.
Everyone was fine this morning. The little girls spent the night in their nursery by choice. So far they haven’t gone outside but I’ll bet they’re out before long.

Last night I had to go into the run and show the little ones that they needed to go up the ramp for bed.
Everyone was fine this morning. The little girls spent the night in their nursery by choice. So far they haven’t gone outside but I’ll bet they’re out before long.
Ya for the first few days my littles would hang out in the coop, run outside all over the place then run back in, it was quite comical

None of that is unusual. I often have to help them back into the coop at night for a while before they learn to go in on their own. I've had some broods learn that after only one time, I've had some broods go three weeks before the last finally learned. A week is probably average.

Yours are a little different since they already know where the run is. when I open mine up for the first time sometimes every chick is on the ground within 15 minutes. Sometimes it takes into the third day before the first one hits the ground. For those slow ones it's fun to watch them go to the pop door, stick their heads out to look around, and decide to go back in, not time yet. Another example of when chicken TV is better than anything on cable, antenna, or satellite.

It can be a fun adventure.

Back
Top Bottom