Quiet and mellow?

Quote:
I agree on Cochins, Silkies, Orpingtons, and Seramas are calm and quiet , but I disagree on the Australorps, due to the fact they are the noisiest chickens I have. ( I have 80)

One more thing the hen house is only 2 by 2 1/2 feet

barnoutside.jpg

Quote:
aw they're just spirited!
tongue.png

I do admit there are 2 times a day at least where they do their bokbokbokbokBAWK call for about a minute and then several times a day when they give you the 'wailing woman' call when they dont like something or see my neighbor
smile.png

and yes they like getting chatty-kathy with one another and especially with me when they see me while they graze

so maybe they are a bit verbal, just like their daddy! all my neighbors have grown to love them. they're definately still quieter than my dogs though! and I live in a city!

I think with that cute little set-up, I'd be very tempted to get Cochin bantams.

Could you lay a heavy piece of plywood with a hole in it on top the pen? The coop could be placed up there and it would give you a platform to add a nestbox while providing some protection for the area beneath.

Yep, looks good for Cochin banties and I'd go for 3
smile.png

Steve
edit: . . . or 4
wink.png

Last edited:
Buff Orpingtons are great too as long as you dont plan on getting a roo. Roos are loud. Cochins do well in small spaces, not sure about the others.

ETA Really your preference. Some nice mellow birds out there.

Last edited:
Standard Cornish or Bantam Cornish. They are the calmest birds I've ever raised.

Other than that, maybe a Cochin?

Back
Top Bottom