Quiet chicks.

LadyAchee

Crowing
May 10, 2020
Liberty Hill, TX
I got my shipment of 12 chicks this morning from ideal poultry. They are under the brooder plate and are so quiet. A few have came out to drink and eat. I've only taken a few photos so far. 20220224_082023.jpg 20220224_070736.jpg 20220224_081632.jpg 20220224_081625.jpg 20220224_072652.jpg

I can't stop looking at them. They sent an extra also. I am worried a little the anconas are biting all the other chicks beaks. I turned off the light so they can't do it as much now. One chick was tired and I gave it a little honey.

I can't stop looking at them. They sent an extra also. I am worried a little the anconas are biting all the other chicks beaks. I turned off the light so they can't do it as much now. One chick was tired and I gave it a little honey.
Are they like gentle pecking or like “draw blood” pecking? That chick should be okay I’m sure it’s just Tired becuase if its trip. Good luck with them❤️

If you have a chick that is pecking more than the rest, try putting some spots on the wall. I drew a few with markers for one of my peckiest, & she would act like a woodpecker and poke for hours. Lol

It's hard to say. I will definitely keep an eye on them. I reached my hand in to stop it a few times. Now that I turned the light off they are quiet and under the brooder plate.
Are they like gentle pecking or like “draw blood” pecking? That chick should be okay I’m sure it’s just Tired becuase if its trip. Good luck with them❤️

Back
Top Bottom