Quietest chickens?

Quote:
My one Silkie is noisier than all my other 10 hens combined!
lol.png

I had 2 black australorps and both of them were loud and annoying so much so they had most of the Golden buffs hollering right along with them and in a panic over all the noise I gave my whole flock and the coop away. Regret it but I can't have noisy chickens here either. My quietest were Red Stars from mypetchicken.com but they don't like being lonely and will holler if they can't see the other hens so more than 3 is best with this breed. If there are 3 or more the chance of cackling is very low.

I Have 4 Orpingtons they are very quiet and nice I live to where we cant annoy the neighbors with them so it is harder I have learned it is harder if they get sick if you ever get a hen with broken legs just take care of it all it needs is more protein they sell stuff to mix in their water at Hall's Feed and I think Maybe at Palmers

My Ancona is incredibly quiet as is my EE. A peep here and there but not even an egg song out of either. They come running to me for treats and I'm in love. I want two more!!!

I'm in town on a 8k lot and my neighbors had no idea I had the girls until I shared some eggs and the neighbors are always in their backyard! They must think I'm crazy and talking to myself all the time!

Back
Top Bottom