Quietest duck??

Erin80

Songster
Apr 16, 2017
I think we’d like to get a couple ducks.....what is a quieter breed? I don’t mind our chickens clucking and egg calling at all....so some duck sounds won’t bother us at all. I just don’t want ducks that yell all day long. Lol. Any ideas for a breed that is pretty common and readily available?

The only breed that is quiet is Muscovy. They are quite quiet and do not many any loud noises at all. All other domestic duck breeds can loudly quack. You might get certain specific ducks quieter than others but all ducks that aren't Muscovy are capable of being very noisy. If you want guaranteed quiet ducks Muscovy are the only choice.

I think we’d like to get a couple ducks.....what is a quieter breed? I don’t mind our chickens clucking and egg calling at all....so some duck sounds won’t bother us at all. I just don’t want ducks that yell all day long. Lol. Any ideas for a breed that is pretty common and readily available?
Well don't get any of my ducks, then. They shout quack all day!! I've heard some members say that their cayuga is quite, but my neighbors could hear mine from a mile away. It seems that any of the female mallard derived breeds have the potential to be quacky, though individuals may vary. My welsh harlequins and pekin are also flabbergastingly loud.

I haven't had muscovies, but I hear they are quiet! Members who have them seem to adore them, too.

Back
Top Bottom