Quilt Block Swap! All blocks have been mailed!

Everybodies squares look so great whether they were done with a machine or by hand. I have another quilt that I am working on here and there and it is done mostly by hand and then also by machine. I have put that one on the back burner and I am in the process of putting these squares together and deciding if I want to add a boarder around the whole thing. I think I will just to make it larger. Also I think I am going to try for the first time to hand quilt this one. I usually just use yarn tied in the corners to hold it together but I think this time I am going to hand quilt it. I am also thinking that I am going to quilt little chicken tracks around on it at random to make it look like a chicken walked all over it. Then I might quilt a few chicken outlines on the boarder. I will have to get one of those fabric pencils so that I can lightly draw the design on it and then maybe hand wash and hang it out to dry. I just love all of the possibilities!!!!! Jenn

Quote:
Awesome! Thanks
big_smile.png

I am going to do sashing? in between all of my squares I think.... just need to find the right fabrics
smile.png
Dk. Green and burgundy maybe.

Last edited:
Jenn, your plan sounds awesome and I really like the chicken tracks all over it. Do you mind if I borrow the chicken tracks idea? I am going to put a border around the whole thing and I have already started sewing them together with my machine but will do the final quilting by hand.

You can certainly use the idea too!!! I have all of my squares together and just got done washing and drying some material that I am going to use for the 2 smaller ends. I am going to make it 6 1/2 ' by 4 ' wide. The next step is to go to walmart and find the backing to go with it. I always use flannel for a backing so I hope I can find something that will go!!! Then I will use a thread that is opposite of that color so that the little chicken tracks stand out. Jenn

OK, I have got the top done. It is pretty neat looking if I say so myself. lol I added a boarder along both ends that is 9 inches long. Hope you guy like it. I will post the next pics as I go along. Jenn
018-2.jpg

017-2.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
I really like your boarder.

Edited to add:

I was putting small boarders between the blocks, now that I looked at yours I may take them all out. LOL

Last edited:
Actually everyone did such a wonderful job!! I was a little worried about the seams lining up but it was very easy!!! Of course now that I have my machine out I am starting back on a older quilt that I started over a year ago and really need to finish!! Thanks Gin for your compliment!! The end boarder is rust colored with tiny vines all over it. I have had that material for years and it just seemed the right thing to use. I hope I can find flannel to complliment it too. Jenn

Back
Top Bottom