Quilters, does anyone know what a V bag is?????

ginbart

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 9, 2008
Bloomsburg, PA
My daughter went to an Auction last night and they had fabric there. She was going to bid on it for me she started it at $2.00, thats what most items start at there. Well it went up to $220.00 and that was only one pile of fabric. When she ask the lady that was biding on it what was so special about it she thought she said V Bags. I looked at it on the web page and I couldn't see anything special. The one pile went for $300.00. I couldn't believe it. She did get me a sewing maching for $2.00 I now have 4 machings for Acres of Blessings. She needs them for the school she works at.

OK just to let you know I checked me numbers and they are right. IT was $220.00 and $300.00.

Vintage bags can go for $10 to 20 a piece....even more for specialty ones like "Gone With the Wind" characters, etc.
Some may have been flour and sugar bags which have a little tighter weave on the fabric and cherished by mothers who made all thei clothes for their children.
Scraps were used in quilts....nothing was wasted.
Bags in good condition are really hard to find.

Last edited:
I teach quilting and I have never heard of that. I wonder if she heard wrong? Sometimes older fabric patterns from certain designers will go for more money.

feed bags
feed sacks

they make reproduction fabrics of these, but the real ones would be out of our price range, thats for sure.
in comparison to a $10.00/yd fabric to say $40.00/yd.

I know they had feed bags at the auction before so I don't think it was that but I have a meeting this thursday at my quilters guild and I'm going to ask if anyone was there. Maybe one of them bid on it because my DD said two of the lady's she never saw before. If I find out anything I will let you know. Thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom