Quilters Fat Quarter exchange

OK, thanks! That got me to thinking about what I could make with flannel...
wink.png

Quote:
If you start a swap I will sign up several times. I make alot of flannel quilts . I usually work on them in the winter. All the beds in my house have flannel quilts that I put on them in the winter due to such cold weather here in Montana.

IM not feeling like I can take anything thing else on until after school starts this fall.

How much time does running a swap take? Because I don't have any extra to give up right now, either. I could definitely get fat quarters to the post office, but I for sure don't have time to chase folks down if they aren't doing their part. The last swap I ran was a cross stitching round robin, ages ago (and not here), and that was a nightmare.

On the other hand, I would be willing to start a fabric train, if folks would be interested in that. A pkg of fat quarters ( at least a few choices)is sent from the first person to the next. The next person takes what they want from the box, replacing those fat quarters with ones from her own stash. She then sends it on to the next person on the list, who does the same thing. The train goes from "station" to "station", with each rider doing the same. Eventually, it comes back to the original rider, who should by that time have quite a few new fabrics. The train can go around as many times as the riders determine, or can continue indefinitely. I have done this with seed swaps, with great success. The size of the fabrics could be variable, so as to include gem packs, strips, or whatever, if people wanted. My suggestion would be packets of at least 1/4 yard... either fat quarters, or gem packs in that quantity, in 100% cotton. I could start a train like this with about a dozen choices, if folks would be interested.

The caveat is, each person is PMed with the whole list of who is participating. If the box stops at a station and never continues, everyone knows who kept it! The best choice is to send it in a USPS priority pack, with a tracking number. When I've participated in these before, the normal etiquette is for participants to add a post to the train thread when they recieve the pkg, and again when they send it on.

Back
Top Bottom