Quit changing the time.

Get rid of Standard time and keep daylight savings time! Who cares if it is dark in the morning? We need all the lit afternoon time we can get.

I hate this time change crap too. I just don't get why they do it! I hate it when it's dark at 5:30 in the afternoon! It makes it really hard to do anything outside after the kids are done with their homework.

I hate it as well!!!
rant.gif
Even my rabbits hate it! They get fed an hour later because I can't remember what the time is!
th.gif
They just need to leave it alone!

rant.gif
I hate DST. It makes hunting last til 7 pm instead of getting home at a reasonable time.

Honestly, it saves NOTHING. It's just a stupid bureaucratic move to make them LOOK like they're doing something to save energy.

One of the reasons for it here in MI had to do with the poor kids walking to school in the dark every morning. haha, like anyone actually WALKS to school these days. Anyway, it's the dumbest thing I ever heard of. Next month they'll be walking in the dark anyway as the days get shorter. And getting dark so early practically has them walking home in the dark too. Well, maybe not quite, but close.

I wish they'd just leave it on Standard time and be done with it. My work day doesn't change tho, no matter what the clock says......the cows and chickens go by the sun......not the clock.

Last edited:
Quote:
Ok, I have the same (but opposite) point of view. I think they need to KEEP daylight savings time year round. Don't EVER change the time. I can deal with getting up in the dark, it just sucks having it get dark in the middle of the afternoon!

I vote with SpringChickens. Love DST. Hate when it gets dark early. The only problem with the time change is that my dogs don't know about it. Woke up just as early and wanted to be fed at 3:00 in the afternoon for dinner.

Quote:
Same here. My animals have yet to learn how to read time. I don't know why not, I even tried digital. They're slackers!
tongue.png

Personally I end up looking forward to the change. Before this weekend it wasn't getting light here until 8am. I'm up early no matter what time the sun comes up so I can get a lot more done if the sun comes up early, too. Do I like that it gets dark at 4:30 in the dead of winter, no. But I gotta be honest, 5:30 wouldn't make that big of a difference where as getting light at 7 am vs 8 am does.
hu.gif

Last edited:
I just wish they'd pick one, either one, and leave it alone. I'm retired now so only have to deal with animal feeding times. When I worked, it always took me a couple of weeks to stop being tired purely from the spring time change.

Now if I moved to Costa Rica or Belize, a not unattractive idea at all, they have essentially 12 hour days all year, and no time changes....

Back
Top Bottom