Quit changing the time.

Quote:
Here you go just interesting to read!! http://www.medpagetoday.com/PrimaryCare/PreventiveCare/23057
cool.png

Couch potatoes are always going to find an excuse not to exercise...trying to blame that on the time changing is stretching it a bit I think. They could always use the extra daylight in the morning to exercise if they really wanted too.

from the link:
In the BMJ article, he contended that pushing sunrise and sunset forward an hour in winter and two hours in summer would create more opportunities for outdoor activities and exercise.

I'm not quite sure how they intend to move the sunrise and sunset times around!! I don't think they can order the sun to change it's schedule. When I see a statement like that in an article I pretty much lose faith in much of anything that is said in it.

My point is just that no matter whether it's DLST or Standard time we still have the exact same amount of daylight available to us. My work day is controlled by when the sun is up...shorter work days in the winter and much longer ones during the summer......not by what the clock says.​

Quote:
Here you go just interesting to read!! http://www.medpagetoday.com/PrimaryCare/PreventiveCare/23057
cool.png

Couch potatoes are always going to find an excuse not to exercise...trying to blame that on the time changing is stretching it a bit I think. They could always use the extra daylight in the morning to exercise if they really wanted too.

from the link:
In the BMJ article, he contended that pushing sunrise and sunset forward an hour in winter and two hours in summer would create more opportunities for outdoor activities and exercise.

I'm not quite sure how they intend to move the sunrise and sunset times around!! I don't think they can order the sun to change it's schedule. When I see a statement like that in an article I pretty much lose faith in much of anything that is said in it.

My point is just that no matter whether it's DLST or Standard time we still have the exact same amount of daylight available to us. My work day is controlled by when the sun is up...shorter work days in the winter and much longer ones during the summer......not by what the clock says.​

OK try this one it is full of humor! and who knew ????

http://www.craigandsam.com/editorial

Last edited:
Quote:
I like blaming Obama for all the world's ills as much as the next guy but this may be straining credulity.

Yea. But he's in control. Gotta blame it on somebody.He hasn't fixed anything yet maybe he could fixs this. LOL.

Last edited:
Quote:
Okay, yes we have the same hours of daylight, but now instead of driving to work in the dark and being able to come home and do barn chores in the "daylight" I drive to work in the light and have to use the headlamp for chores. In the great scheme of things I guess it's not that big of a deal, but that "pebble in the shoe" that has the roosters in full swing before the alarm clock and feeding critters in the dark on the other end is just annoying.

Actually my birds started changing their time several weeks ago. I went with them, don't have to pay much attention to clocks anymore. Before you know it they will be heading for their Run about 3PM though wanting their dinner, and they'll get it.
Can you tell my world has gone to the birds? I tell ya, it's great.

I'm with the rest of ya, it's pointless to fiddle with the clocks. 'Specially up here in the Pacific Northwest. You get up in the dark and go home in the dark, so you don't get to save nothing!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom