Quitter? First time. Please help!

Kjrae13

In the Brooder
May 3, 2021
This chick is supposed to be on day 18. It kind of looks like it has piped but then again this looks like blood vessels. Its time to be on lockdown, but I don't want to keep it in there if its dead for the sake of the other chicks in there on day 8.

This is mine and my daughters first time incubating. We are new to everything and learning as we go

Attachments

• 16200755455093475655706988110940.jpg
    16200755455093475655706988110940.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 14
I had a blue egg that grew, but I never saw movement or veins, and never heard peeping. It hatched on day 20, strong and healthy. I wouldn't toss it unless it hadn't been growing, or until a couple days past hatch day.
This baby has tons of veins. I don't see a ring of death or amy signs of death. I'm hoping the chickie is just sleepy!

It looks fine, maybe it internally pipped, which would be a teensy bit early. If so, don't worry, it looks normal. After they internally pip, they are supposed to fill the space a bit more.

It's quite difficult to see anything in the picture you have posted above.

Can you try to get another picture for three?

You will not see an internal pip until you see a huge air cell.
The chicks don't usually internally pip until they have 'drawn down' in the egg.

Give me one second and I'll show you how big the air cell should look at hatch time.

You'll notice this video does contain an external pip but if you pretend like that crack is not there this is what you should be seeing inside of the egg at hatch time.
Notice how large the air cell is and how it's drawn down towards the pointy end of the egg.

https://youtube.com/shorts/UenxxELboG8?feature=share

Back
Top Bottom