Quotes and thoughts for the day

Are shepherds prone to these things? Should I keep a closer eye on my girl?
She has the hip issues starting and her vertebra have started to fuse. We think she is 8.
I know her life will be short compared to all of our other dogs.
I will not allow her to suffer. They become our children our families. It is so hard.
ButIi can not imagine a life without dogs in it.
I am putting your boy on my good vibe- thought -prayer -best wishes list.
(it is what my mind does during the day.)

Not sure if you were asking Shannon or myself? In case you were asking me, I will answer. ;) Certain breeds are prone to Mast Cell Tumors, Sheppards and bully breeds are two of those breeds, I know this because those are the breeds we have. I cannot remember the other breeds.

Good Morning Shannon and Tricia! Hope both of you have a blessed day

Thanks Bill and back at ya!

Good morning all my peeps!

Sumi :fl hope it all gets resolved soon. Then you're a free bird!

Kim, how are your eggs doing? Can't wait till they hatch.:weee

Wild Bill, have you ever used Epsom salt. It's the best thing for tomatoes and peppers. You just sprinkle some around the bass of the plant and water.
It makes them strong and stout.

Debby, I feel ya with the stink bugs. Lost my all my zucchini to them last year.:barnie

Shannon, I'm so sorry!:hugs IMO, When it removed, don't test it. It's so expensive. If the lump comes back, then make him comfortable. We did that and it never came back. So maybe it will just a fatty growth. Where my small dog has a mass on his toe. They did the aspiration test, so I know for sure it's a tumor. But he's 13 years old, I'm not getting it removed. He might not survive the surgery, it's hard to decide which way to go.

Tricia, loved the squirrel with coffee! :lau

Jan, good morning to you. How's the bees? Are they still beehaving? :lau

Jon, hope your day stays awesome. Have a great day!

Cynthia, how's your morning going? Well I hope.

And :frow to anyone I may have missed.
Wow your recall of people's names is great! I have to look at my list a lot!

Here are a few shots from around the property from last year. We are just now getting our flowers coming up.

I'm on the fence right now. Things are pretty good though, considering. The babies are doing great. My hen has been showing them the ropes and takes them further and further each day. I see your little ones are doing well :) they're super cute.

Took the dogs in for their check up this weekend. One is doing great (like usual) and the other is a big ball of issues. Last week I found a lump on him so I cut his hair to see better. Over the phone the vet figured it was a swollen gland and to wait for the check up to ask for an antibiotic...turns out it's a tumor. And on top of that he has an infected tooth and an ear infection which they think is linked together. He gets the tumor removed next Monday and I have to decide whether or not to test it. I just don't know. I can see pros and cons both ways and it's expensive enough that I just can't make the decision yet.

But beyond that life is good and it may be nothing, so I'll remain on the fence ;)

How is life in CO Tricia?
Can I give my two cents here? Take it as you might. Just a thought..ok? My daughter and I got Golden's back in the mid 90's, along with her grandma. So, there were three. Around the age of 7, grandma's dog started to get tumors. They decided to get them cut out, one at a time, as they showed up. The dog started getting more and more weak after each one was taken. Yrs. later, my dog is 8 and a half. I find a tumor right on his spine in the middle of his back. I knew what was going on because of the brother sibling. That dog had sadly been put down, early, at the age of 7 and a half... because he was too ill after having gone through all of that. Within a yr. my dog had another, then another. I had decided not to have them taken out. After all, the ones that had been taken out on his brother were..not...cancer. And, he seemed fine! Finally had to put him down at the age of 10, but not because of the tumors. His hips, and shoulders had started hurting him pretty bad that same yr. I had discovered the first tumor. Normal, joint problems with Goldens. I got the treatment he needed to keep him comfortable for that yr. and a half, but when I saw that he couldn't even bend over to go potty, and, that his front shoulders were popping out, and, that he would only stand by me for a min. or so, then lay down, I just couldn't let him go through another winter. It gets pretty cold here. What a sweetheart of a dog! So sad to have to put him down, but again, it wasn't because of his tumors. Now, my daughter had the sister of this Golden. She also started to get the tumors. .. Oh man, breeding? .. She also decided not to do anything because of how well my Grizz did without the surgery to remove. Her dog lived to be 12 yrs, and was put down also for the same reason, joint pain, couldn't walk for long.
I would say, make sure it isn't cancer. They can test it. If not cancer. You may want to let it go. German Shepard? What ever breed, google to see if these dogs are prone to these...maybe you have. :) I did, and yes, Goldens are prone to these type of tumors that are non cancerous. Good luck with your dog. They become such great friends! I have fostered and rescued in the past many different breeds. For a lot of yrs...just loved it! Wish I could still do it. I have my third Golden now. My first female. Love her! Will share photos of each. Would love to see your babies!

This is Grizz, the one that had the tumors. About 6 months after I found the first tumor.

This is Toby. He had the most incredible, strange, accident right in front of me and passed.
What a horrible day. He was 2 when it happened. Happy times here up the canyon.

And now, our Missy. Thinking this will be my last big dog. I'm getting up there in yrs.
myself.
wink.png
Just wonderful dogs.

Ok, just catching up with posts! I read more about your pup. It does sound like it's in a bad place. My boy had one on his spine, a couple on his neck, a couple on his belly, and a big one on his front leg.
Lab tests are soo expensive. I didn't have to do it, because of his brother. If you get this one tested, at least you will know what's up. Or that nothing serious is going on. Bad teeth, oh boy. That's hard. Folks don't realize how important it is to keep dogs teeth cleaned. I do get my little dogs teeth cleaned..not every yr. But sure makes a difference when they start looking .. yuck. :p I have an 11 yr. old Schnoodle that just got his cleaned last yr. I was surprised they didn't pull any, but those teeth came back looking wonderful. Pleasant surprise. I know the time will come when he will need teeth pulled. Little dogs, things show up later on them, as they live longer than large breeds. Bet you all knew that one!
smile.png
I also have a Doxi..he is Piebald in color. Pretty cute little guy. Only three yrs. old.

Love the flowers. We face north and my tulips are still opening up! This is the month to plant the other flowers, and also some veggies. Don't have much room here. But I found a spot for some tomato's, chard, I like the rainbow, and some yellow squash.

Crazy busy day here, I'll catch up properly later, just wanted to pop in and say we just spoke to the tenants and things are looking promising. They're already packing! It sounds like they are getting ready to move into the rental house, but they said they will know this week what's happening with the house they are buying. I'll keep you all posted. Thanks for the good wishes and crossed fingers
hugs.gif
Love you guys!

Good morning all my peeps!

Sumi
fl.gif
hope it all gets resolved soon. Then you're a free bird!

Kim, how are your eggs doing? Can't wait till they hatch.
wee.gif

Wild Bill, have you ever used Epsom salt. It's the best thing for tomatoes and peppers. You just sprinkle some around the bass of the plant and water.
It makes them strong and stout.

Debby, I feel ya with the stink bugs. Lost my all my zucchini to them last year.
barnie.gif

Shannon, I'm so sorry!
hugs.gif
IMO, When it removed, don't test it. It's so expensive. If the lump comes back, then make him comfortable. We did that and it never came back. So maybe it will just a fatty growth. Where my small dog has a mass on his toe. They did the aspiration test, so I know for sure it's a tumor. But he's 13 years old, I'm not getting it removed. He might not survive the surgery, it's hard to decide which way to go.

Tricia, loved the squirrel with coffee!
lau.gif

Jan, good morning to you. How's the bees? Are they still beehaving?
lau.gif

Jon, hope your day stays awesome. Have a great day!

Cynthia, how's your morning going? Well I hope.

And
frow.gif
to anyone I may have missed.

Beautiful marigold Nicky! I planted a ton of those this year, not only because they are pretty but because I've heard they are supposed to help with insect control. Not sure the insect part is right (we have sooooo many bugs here!) but they are pretty.

To all of you dealing with your dog's health issues and to those that have lost them, I feel your pain. The last dog I had was 14 when she passed 5 years ago from a variety of health problems that started when she was 8 (broken leg, allergies, stomach surgery to remove a corn kernel that festered inside her stomach lining, seizures). We had an excellent, caring vet who tried to always do the best he could and keep expenses at a minimum but we did spend over $10,000 by the time she died. She was a Westie and the best dog I've ever had. DH has been talking about getting a new dog but I don't know if I'm ready for it. Love dogs (and cats) but it's so stinking hard to watch them hurt and lose them. You guys all have my sympathy.

Crazy busy day here, I'll catch up properly later, just wanted to pop in and say we just spoke to the tenants and things are looking promising. They're already packing! It sounds like they are getting ready to move into the rental house, but they said they will know this week what's happening with the house they are buying. I'll keep you all posted. Thanks for the good wishes and crossed fingers
hugs.gif
Love you guys!

fl.gif
Fingers still crossed, hoping you soon see their taillights as they drive off for last time!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom