Quotes and thoughts for the day

Did you really have a dog that made it to 23?!
ep.gif
That is not only wonderful, but quite impressive.
Yes, Pollo was a Golden Retriever. We had him for 23 years. By the end he was blind, almost unable to get around much and incontinent. But he was still eating and drinking water and making one good wag of the tail when he knew we came into the room. He did not show any pain symptoms so we let him live out his life. Pollo died with his head in my lap one night watching television. Just a wag of the tail, a sigh and that was it.

You will have to excues me right now but I have to have a bit of a cry.

Yes, Pollo was a Golden Retriever. We had him for 23 years. By the end he was blind, almost unable to get around much and incontinent. But he was still eating and drinking water and making one good wag of the tail when he knew we came into the room. He did not show any pain symptoms so we let him live out his life. Pollo died with his head in my lap one night watching television. Just a wag of the tail, a sigh and that was it.

You will have to excues me right now but I have to have a bit of a cry.

Wow that is impressive. Not many people can say they had a dog that long, what a rare experience. :hugs

Beautiful marigold Nicky! I planted a ton of those this year, not only because they are pretty but because I've heard they are supposed to help with insect control. Not sure the insect part is right (we have sooooo many bugs here!) but they are pretty.

To all of you dealing with your dog's health issues and to those that have lost them, I feel your pain. The last dog I had was 14 when she passed 5 years ago from a variety of health problems that started when she was 8 (broken leg, allergies, stomach surgery to remove a corn kernel that festered inside her stomach lining, seizures). We had an excellent, caring vet who tried to always do the best he could and keep expenses at a minimum but we did spend over $10,000 by the time she died. She was a Westie and the best dog I've ever had. DH has been talking about getting a new dog but I don't know if I'm ready for it. Love dogs (and cats) but it's so stinking hard to watch them hurt and lose them. You guys all have my sympathy.

This is impressive to say the least! I so wish that everyone could do this for their animals. Having said that, I know, it's is not always possible for everyone to spend that kind of money. Wow, bless your heart!
Also, I see people saying that they need to .. let .. their dog go, it's either free, or for a small price. Saying they don't have the time for it. Some folks think, wow, get a dog, keep it! Well, I will say that I would much rather see a dog go to a home that can have the time, than people keep the dog, and put it on a chain, and not get the attention it needs. I applaud people that can .. let.. their loved one go for the right reason. Ahem...can you tell, I did work with dogs/rescue for a while like I said. he he..
dog-lovers.gif

Last edited:
My DW won't let me get another dog. I guess she was so attached to Casey the chocolate lab we had. Our 20 year anniversary is coming up maybe I get her a puppy wearing a diamond on the collar. She needs another stone for her wedding band cause she lost it a few years ago.
A dog is the best weapon to have to protect your family.

LL

My husband is all over the German Shepard with love, and love!
I love that little Sheltie, adorable!

My DW won't let me get another dog. I guess she was so attached to Casey the chocolate lab we had. Our 20 year anniversary is coming up maybe I get her a puppy wearing a diamond on the collar. She needs another stone for her wedding band cause she lost it a few years ago.
A dog is the best weapon to have to protect your family.
I think that is a fabulous idea.
the dog can be called 'diamond' or 'stone'.

COChix...we are truly blessed by the dogs that come into our lives under normal circumstances. Those of us who open our homes and hearts to special needs and/or elderly dogs seem to get an extra dose of those blessings. I especially like your comment..."Osha - she was a street puppy, who adopted my BF and didn't leave." While I like to think I am doing the chosing in reality I have never chosen a dog...they have always decided I was worth the effort and picked me. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom