Quotes and Thoughts for the Day

I loved them in spite of everything. Then one day, I didn't.
It was hurting the people who actually loved me back.

You realized something when you were young enough to change. I am so glad you did.
Change is so hard. and so many people do not think it is worth it.

My childhood was messed up.
I had grandparents that saved me.
They were my safe harbor.
They were love.
Always be nice to children.
ALWAYS.
You just do not ever know the burden they are carrying

As a recovering bully who was bullied horrifically as a teen, I know the power trip they get for making others feel bad. I can't explain it but it fills a void. It becomes a habit.I turned my anger on my children when they were small and I thought they were something I could exert control over. Boy was I wrong. So wrong. I have a lifetime to make up for so I try every day to inspire people, even strangers not to let anyone steal their fire or live in fear. And...I still empower my kids every day, not that I need to because they are UNSTOPPABLE. They know something about this world I didn't. You have to love yourself and respect you for who you are first and do not change your genuine self or no one will love and respect you back because you are not real.

Lesson learned.

I have been an anti-bully advocate(although I don't like the term) since 2009. I was a very small part of getting "The Bully Movie" in theatres nationwide and into schools when we weren't sure we could. "Stand For The Silent" is one campaign I am 100% behind because it empowers through kindness not retribution. If one kid would have stepped up and stood beside me when I became the aggressor I would have backed down and my life would not have been so damaging.

Adults need to take a look at how they interact or ignore one another, it speaks volumes to those around you.
Kindness rocks.
I salute you
hugs.gif
Coming from someone who was bullied something awful all through junior and high school, I wonder how many of those bullies have the GUTS to do what you did. You're awesome!

Wow. I am so glad to hear that people can change.
I was 45 when I gave up on my mom. I just had to tuck my little one under my wing and walk away.
She enjoy the rush just too much.

I think their abuse and neglect made me more sensitive to the pain that others feel. It did not desensitize me, It made me always have my feelers out for the kid that needed a friend.
I think about it just too much. Why did she need to break down a child? a CHILD!!??
Children are so wonderful and new and perfect.
She was not allowed to do it to my perfect child.
You get out what you invest.
I am a better mother for it, he is unconditionally loved, but I am never going to alright.
hugs.gif
I gave up on my mom a few months ago. I think it was both the hardest and the best thing I could've done for myself. I am a mom, my little guy is 8 years old now and since he was born I couldn't help drawing comparisons between how she treated me and how I feel like treating him… Quite a difference. I stopped looking back. I'm looking ahead now, with my boy.

That is exactly me.
But the guilt I felt, and the depression that followed.
sad.png

I also tell people that it was the hardest and best thing that I ever did.

The problem with child abuse is that you grow up, you are no longer a child... but you are always THEIR child. It never ends.

way to go sumi.
I understand being bullied. Not something I wan my kids to go through or do to others. I hated practically everyday of school from grade one until the day I dropped out... you know the worst part is that the attitude that starts bullying starts at home and as adults the parents of those children really should have known better... yet another vicious cycle...

As a recovering bully who was bullied horrifically as a teen, I know the power trip they get for making others feel bad. I can't explain it but it fills a void. It becomes a habit.I turned my anger on my children when they were small and I thought they were something I could exert control over. Boy was I wrong. So wrong. I have a lifetime to make up for so I try every day to inspire people, even strangers not to let anyone steal their fire or live in fear. And...I still empower my kids every day, not that I need to because they are UNSTOPPABLE. They know something about this world I didn't. You have to love yourself and respect you for who you are first and do not change your genuine self or no one will love and respect you back because you are not real.

Lesson learned.

I have been an anti-bully advocate(although I don't like the term) since 2009. I was a very small part of getting "The Bully Movie" in theatres nationwide and into schools when we weren't sure we could. "Stand For The Silent" is one campaign I am 100% behind because it empowers through kindness not retribution. If one kid would have stepped up and stood beside me when I became the aggressor I would have backed down and my life would not have been so damaging.

Adults need to take a look at how they interact or ignore one another, it speaks volumes to those around you.
Kindness rocks.
hugs.gif
goodpost.gif

our power is within ourselves, those who torment, be it a parent or a peer, see the power we have and seek to claim it as theirs... they do not recognise the power they have, so they seem to seek to demean others in an effort to feel better about their lack of power... its all related to self-esteem I think, or lack there of.

That is exactly me.
But the guilt I felt, and the depression that followed.
sad.png

I also tell people that it was the hardest and best thing that I ever did.

The problem with child abuse is that you grow up, you are no longer a child... but you are always THEIR child. It never ends.
I'm working through that now. Still. She FINALLY stopped contacting me and trying to phone me and sending me text messages last month. It was… very difficult.

The fact that I'm their child and the culture I grew up in, made me put off the decision for so long.

Back
Top Bottom