Quotes and Thoughts for the Day

That's fantastic!
So why would ... I mean... people. To me dancing is great exercise, and it is fun. Who cares if it isn't pretty?
I wish shamers felt shame, but they don't.

As a recovering bully who was bullied horrifically as a teen, I know the power trip they get for making others feel bad. I can't explain it but it fills a void. It becomes a habit.I turned my anger on my children when they were small and I thought they were something I could exert control over. Boy was I wrong. So wrong. I have a lifetime to make up for so I try every day to inspire people, even strangers not to let anyone steal their fire or live in fear. And...I still empower my kids every day, not that I need to because they are UNSTOPPABLE. They know something about this world I didn't. You have to love yourself and respect you for who you are first and do not change your genuine self or no one will love and respect you back because you are not real.

Lesson learned.

I have been an anti-bully advocate(although I don't like the term) since 2009. I was a very small part of getting "The Bully Movie" in theatres nationwide and into schools when we weren't sure we could. "Stand For The Silent" is one campaign I am 100% behind because it empowers through kindness not retribution. If one kid would have stepped up and stood beside me when I became the aggressor I would have backed down and my life would not have been so damaging.

Adults need to take a look at how they interact or ignore one another, it speaks volumes to those around you.
Kindness rocks.

Have seen this girl?
She can move... bodies come in so many forms... And not everyone has to be attracted to every form, but we would do well to remember that beauty is in the eye of the beholder... And keep cruel words to our selfs until the day cruel words no longer come into our minds...

Have seen this girl?
She can move... bodies come in so many forms... And not everyone has to be attracted to every form, but we would do well to remember that beauty is in the eye of the beholder... And keep cruel words to our selfs until the day cruel words no longer come into our minds...
hit.gif

Wow. I am so glad to hear that people can change.
I was 45 when I gave up on my mom. I just had to tuck my little one under my wing and walk away.
She enjoy the rush just too much.

I think their abuse and neglect made me more sensitive to the pain that others feel. It did not desensitize me, It made me always have my feelers out for the kid that needed a friend.
I think about it just too much. Why did she need to break down a child? a CHILD!!??
Children are so wonderful and new and perfect.
She was not allowed to do it to my perfect child.
You get out what you invest.
I am a better mother for it, he is unconditionally loved, but I am never going to alright.
440e64fa36f3064d17c6cb6ac5ba57fb.jpg

Wow. I am so glad to hear that people can change.
I was 45 when I gave up on my mom. I just had to tuck my little one under my wing and walk away.
She enjoy the rush just too much.

I think their abuse and neglect made me more sensitive to the pain that others feel. It did not desensitize me, It made me always have my feelers out for the kid that needed a friend.
I think about it just too much. Why did she need to break down a child? a CHILD!!??
Children are so wonderful and new and perfect.
She was not allowed to do it to my perfect child.
You get out what you invest.
I am a better mother for it, he is unconditionally loved, but I am never going to alright.
440e64fa36f3064d17c6cb6ac5ba57fb.jpg
The thing to remember is it was NEVER about you. It is something internal. Coming from both sides, I now see clearly how it happened to me. I am truly sorry about your relationship with your mom and it's true some people love the rush so much they can't stop. It makes me sad and angry, but hating them doesn't help. It won't make it better. You either have to walk away like you did or love them so much more and that is really hard, but so worth it. I used to say "hug a bully" because they need one way more than you do.

Back
Top Bottom