Quotes and thoughts for the day

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sumi, Nov 26, 2014.

1. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Morning Debby, glad you enjoyed those. I had fun catching up with last night's quotes myself this morning. All 57 new posts! lol

2. sumi

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. sumi

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    I'm bored so I phoned Ireland this morning, yep I did [​IMG] I had a lovely chat with the agent that is trying to sell the stone house I've been looking at, but between his accent, my accent and the cruddy phone line we decided taking the conversation to email may be better. This is the verdict on the house:

Quote: [​IMG] I was wondering about that roof and the condition of the electrics… And for some reason the Irish planning authorities are strangely full of <insert pun> about septic tanks. What to do, what to do? He told me to put in a formal offer before 5 May. Or wait until after the 5th, check if it sold yet and then talk to the buyers and see what they say? And while all this is happening bargains are popping up in other parts of the country and prices are dropping further South where I really want to be, though I know I do not have a snowball's chance of getting something like this for 25k down there. Hmm...

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  4. BuckAlorp

BuckAlorp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2014
    Ravenna, Ohio
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have... Gerald Ford

This has been most likely posted before, but it deserves to be reposted from time to time.

5. Bowleggedcowboy

Bowleggedcowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2015
    Fitzgerald, Georgia
    But its very true! Sounds a lot like the government we have now.

6. Bowleggedcowboy

Feb 27, 2015
    Fitzgerald, Georgia
    [​IMG]

7. BayBay Peepers

BayBay Peepers Overrun With Chickens

Apr 5, 2013
    Wisconsin
    Good posts and good morning everyone!

Raining again today, but we need it so can't complain.

[​IMG]

8. Bowleggedcowboy

Feb 27, 2015
    Fitzgerald, Georgia
    Hi Sumi, I know it sounds/looks like a bargain for the amount of money but there are a few questions. How much are you gonna have to put into it to make it livable. Are you gonna do the work or do you plan on contracting it out. Do you have a place to stay while the work is being done. I'd myself would like to see it in person first and I would still hunt for some other bargains especially if you'd rather be further south. I'd like to build a log cabin on the back of my land one day when I have the time.

9. Bowleggedcowboy

Feb 27, 2015
    Fitzgerald, Georgia
    Good morning Shannon! Good post. Hope you have a blessed day. :)

10. BayBay Peepers

BayBay Peepers Overrun With Chickens

Apr 5, 2013
    Wisconsin
    Thanks, hope you have a blessed day as well!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by