Quotes and thoughts for the day

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sumi, Nov 26, 2014.

1. BayBay Peepers

BayBay Peepers Overrun With Chickens

Apr 5, 2013
    Wisconsin
    My parents were both heavy smokers. My mother was able to just cut back one a week and eventually stop. My father tried everything...patches, gum, chantix, you name it. He had to stop chantix because like others have stated it was really messing with his mind and he's always been the level headed kind. After years of trying to quit my mother convinced him to try hypnosis since at this point he had nothing to lose. He has now been smoke free for a year and he was a two pack (at least) a day smoker.

2. BuckAlorp

BuckAlorp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2014
    Ravenna, Ohio
    I agree on the big Pham talk there WB. I stopped all my meds 18 months ago except the daily aspirin and I deal with by eating healthier foods, been feeling much better. at one point I took 22 pills a day for various things, I think some were to battle the side effects that others caused. Now that is ridiculous. they put me on some serious psychological drugs for Narcolepsy and after reading the damages these can cause I said hell with it I am done, I need to find a better way. I stopped taking any pain pills many years ago when my son recovered from being a junkie, didn't want to tempt him by having them on hand.

3. BayBay Peepers

Apr 5, 2013
    Wisconsin
    That's no good. I hope it shows up earlier than expected.

4. BuckAlorp

Oct 10, 2014
    Ravenna, Ohio
    @Sumi I let her know how proud of her I am for how well she is doing.

5. COChix

COChix Overrun With Chickens

Jun 12, 2014
    Colorado
    My Coop
    Good morning all, another cold and a adrizzling day here in Colorado. Looks like our weather pattern will hold as is. No snow this am, but it is chilly here.

I did a quick candling on al 42 eggs, hard to know for sure how I am doing. Definitely have some air sacs bigger than others. Some I can clearly see the embryo, moving even, and some I can't make out the embryo. Some look unfertile to me as they have no veining at all. Our EE eggs are hard to see into as I am using a flashlight for my candler. I will do again tonight in the dark and hope to be able to tell a little better.

2 people like this.
  6. BayBay Peepers

Apr 5, 2013
    Wisconsin
    Sounds like you and your family are accomplishing all sorts of great things [​IMG] keep up the good work!

7. BuckAlorp

Oct 10, 2014
    Ravenna, Ohio
    I was just looking over the 1st post with the real names on it and WB we seem to be the only male presence posting on this thread. We should feel lucky to be accompanied by a great group of gals, everyone has been wonderful so far; well, I know I do.

2 people like this.
  8. BuckAlorp

Oct 10, 2014
    Ravenna, Ohio
    I just noticed I mad 100 posts. Whoo-hoo!

9. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming

x3 (or is it 4, I just want in on some of this appreciation being passed out)

That's a big kudos for you Ken! I've gone back & forth for a long time. I know how hard it can be. Wishing you all the success with it!

10. BayBay Peepers

Apr 5, 2013
    Wisconsin
    100 and counting [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by