Quotes and thoughts for the day

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sumi, Nov 26, 2014.

1. BayBay Peepers

BayBay Peepers Overrun With Chickens

Apr 5, 2013
    Wisconsin
    It's a beautiful day! I see there's lots of good news on here and as soon as the work day is over I'm free to enjoy the outdoors. [​IMG] How are things going down there besides all of the excitement?

2. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

I second that. My mom tried it and it changed her personality! Made her combative. Very scary.

3. Bowleggedcowboy

Bowleggedcowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2015
    Fitzgerald, Georgia
    Glad you got some nice weather!! Overcast with a drizzling rain!! Been like this for 3 days now..

4. BayBay Peepers

BayBay Peepers Overrun With Chickens

Apr 5, 2013
    Wisconsin
    We're not due for rain again until tomorrow night through Monday morning. (I'm secretly hoping for just a little Sunday morning rain and just sun) [​IMG]

5. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida

6. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    @sumi How is your son today?
    I hope he is improving and resting.

7. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Jan, thank you, he is much better today. The doctor warned there may be side effects from the antibiotics, because they are quite strong, but he's fine on them. I'm so glad!

8. Bowleggedcowboy

Feb 27, 2015
    Fitzgerald, Georgia

All this new medication they pushing on TV has worse side affects then the condition that your taking it for. For every sickness, cancer,cold,flu or what ever there is a natural cure for it. Big pharmacy makes to much money on the meds they pushing. They make more money treating something instead of curing it.

9. Bowleggedcowboy

Feb 27, 2015
    Fitzgerald, Georgia
    We won't see the sun until Tuesday/Wednesday
    :(

10. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Re: the quitting. I've tried Zyban, gum and mouth spray [​IMG], hypnosis, cold turkey (did someone mention "personality change" and "combative"? [​IMG]) and e-cigs. And failed spectacularly each time. The Zyban worked best, but it was hellish difficult and I gave in after 2 weeks. I have zero will power which doesn't help... I've read quite a bit about the side effects of Chantix and decided to try that one. It's a gamble, but hey, nothing else worked? I'll ask DH to keep an eye on me and if he notices anything alarming to let me know. I have to, got to do this.

@BuckAlorp your love is doing great with the weight loss!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by