Quotes and thoughts for the day

Sarah, that looks cold
hmm.png
Pretty, but cold. I hope spring makes it to your part of the world soon! We had snow forecast this week, but it'll go and stay on top of the massive mountains we have along here. It seldom makes it even close to where we can get to it. Down here where we are it's very mild in winter.

Yes it's not very pleasant. I hope it warms up soon!

We've been away most the day and I'm wore out. Thanks for the wonderful quotes today!

Good night everyone!

Aristotle

A friend is a second self. My best friend is the man who in wishing me well wishes it for my sake.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

One swallow does not make a summer, neither does one fine day; similarly one day or brief time of happiness does not make a person entirely happy.

The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.

Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow-ripening fruit.

“Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.”

You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.

What lies in our power to do, it lies in our power not to do. I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; the hardest victory is the victory over self.

“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

“To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.”

“Those who know, do. Those that understand, teach.”

“It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.”

“All persons ought to endeavor to follow what is right, and not what is established.

“Wise men speak when they have something to say, fools speak because they have to say something”

“Where your talents and the needs of the world cross; there lies your vocation.”

“Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.”

“There is an ideal of excellence for any particular craft or occupation; similarly there must be an excellent that we can achieve as human beings. That is, we can live our lives as a whole in such a way that they can be judged not just as excellent in this respect or in that occupation, but as excellent, period. Only when we develop our truly human capacities sufficiently to achieve this human excellent will we have lives blessed with happiness.”

Back
Top Bottom