R.I.P Beaky (lost our beloved hen)

shay20

Shay's Flock of Fun
11 Years
Jul 31, 2008
in the wild, Mass
Beaky was a special needs chicken, she had a crossed beak so bad she had to eat from a bucket with deep enough feed in it, she w as a special bird loved by many who came to our farm, she would love to run up and peck at everyones toes, she greeted all as they drove up, she would fly up onto our shoulders and sit there, when ever she saw a bucket she would fly over and go right into it. She would come for rides with us, she loved to be in the vehical.
She was our mascot, modo just becouse she had a cross beak no reason to cull her, she was and always will be an inspiration for all handicap chickens, we love you Beaky you are missed by so many.
She passed by natueral couses, she was 2 years old.

13887_beaky.jpg

Here she came with us to the town common when fox 25 did a segmant on our town.
13887_i1310726121.jpg

I'm glad you gave the chance at life instead of doing away with her. I have one myself...her name is Penelope (or Penelo-peep!)
No reason to give up on them just because of a slight imperfection.
I don't see them doing that with people.
...there are plenty of people with internal imperfections if you will....and they are still out running the streets.
ANYHOW!
Lovely girl.
Sorry for your loss. <3<3<3<3<3<3
hugs.gif

So sorry you lost her.... handicapped chickens pull at my heart strings. I have a severely crooked beak Polish hen named Freaky Fredia. As handicapped as she is with her beak, she sure is a little devil when it comes to other birds... she beats them up. lol

so sorry to hear of your loss, i too am feeling that pain since our special needs crooked beak chicken died just this morning. Her name was Pollo, i wish we had had as much ime as you did with yours. Pollo was only about 23 weeks.
sad.png

How lovely that you gave her a good life...one that she deserved, especially for the joy she brought to you.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom