R.I.P Beaky (lost our beloved hen)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by shay20, Oct 13, 2011.

1. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    Beaky was a special needs chicken, she had a crossed beak so bad she had to eat from a bucket with deep enough feed in it, she w as a special bird loved by many who came to our farm, she would love to run up and peck at everyones toes, she greeted all as they drove up, she would fly up onto our shoulders and sit there, when ever she saw a bucket she would fly over and go right into it. She would come for rides with us, she loved to be in the vehical.
    She was our mascot, modo just becouse she had a cross beak no reason to cull her, she was and always will be an inspiration for all handicap chickens, we love you Beaky you are missed by so many.
    She passed by natueral couses, she was 2 years old.

[​IMG]

Here she came with us to the town common when fox 25 did a segmant on our town.
    [​IMG]

2. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    So sorry for your loss. [​IMG] She was beautiful!

3. Miyashi

Miyashi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Gaylord, MI
    I'm glad you gave the chance at life instead of doing away with her. I have one myself...her name is Penelope (or Penelo-peep!)
    No reason to give up on them just because of a slight imperfection.
    I don't see them doing that with people.
    ...there are plenty of people with internal imperfections if you will....and they are still out running the streets.
    ANYHOW!
    Lovely girl.
    Sorry for your loss. <3<3<3<3<3<3
    [​IMG]

4. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

What a beautiful girl. Beautiful inside, and out. [​IMG]

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    A beautiful story. Sorry she passed.

6. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

So sorry you lost her.... handicapped chickens pull at my heart strings. I have a severely crooked beak Polish hen named Freaky Fredia. As handicapped as she is with her beak, she sure is a little devil when it comes to other birds... she beats them up. lol

7. lilybug524

lilybug524 Out Of The Brooder

May 9, 2011
    so sorry to hear of your loss, i too am feeling that pain since our special needs crooked beak chicken died just this morning. Her name was Pollo, i wish we had had as much ime as you did with yours. Pollo was only about 23 weeks. [​IMG]

8. kaybats

kaybats Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    How lovely that you gave her a good life...one that she deserved, especially for the joy she brought to you. [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. hispoptart

hispoptart Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    NW Colorado
    Awwww I am so sorry for your loss, but very happy for her life with you.

10. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    Thank you, she was a great bird, we miss her around here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by