:( R.I.P. Bell'e- amazing, loyal Easter Egger.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Chicken Frenzie, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    Hi everyone. Today my parents went to check on the chickens for me, since I was at a birthday party. When I got home, I heard horrible news.

My first chicken- part of the original flock of three : Herself, flower (Who died on the first day), and Nugget who got switched homes after he attacked my dad. Bell'e was born June 2009. Bell'e is the most... or let me say was the most loyal chicken ever, and we always joked around calling her a hawk. When my mom picked her up as a chick, the man who worked at the tractor supply said, " Man, she's going to be a beauty!" And right he was. Bell'e had little tiny dots right by her beak which I called freckles. After Flower died the first day, one of my friends at school said we could have one of her baby austrolorps. We hurridly said yes! The austrolorp was Jewels - soon to be Bell'e's best friend. Jewels was attacked by my friend's goose many times, so she was very happy to be in a safe enviroment. After starting a long-lasting friendship, they both started laying eggs. Bell'e's eggs were light green, and sometimes blue! They were very pretty and we would sell those eggs. After a year, Bell'e had gotton BumbleFoot. I did the 'surgery' and she was fine. It was odd though, because the injury never made her walk funny, or limp. That same year we got ducks! Pekins, Pip and Crackers. Crackers wasn't very nice to Bell'e one day- so I seperated the ducks from Bell'e since they were grabbing Bell'e's neck feathers and rolling down the hill, pinning her. This was repeated, and I finally took Bell'e inside and snuggled. My brother pointed out how they ripped some neck feathers out, and she was bleeding. I told my mom about this, and we gave the ducks to a knew farm. I wouldn't let anything happen to my first baby. (It was a good choice though- now they have a real pond, and other ducks)
    But the past week, she had been sneezing, and I was dumb enough just to think it was a little cold. So, yesterday after school I went to a birthday party, and slept the night and had the time of my life! My dad told me Fern had died. I immediantly started to cry, but my dad let the chickens out and I started freaking when I saw Fern walking outside with my other chickens I got last spring. Fern and Bell'e look alike- since they're both EE's. I hurridly got on my boots, and ran outside. Sure enough, it was Fern who was playing in the grass, and eating snow. I picked up Fern and took her inside and my mom and I held her, since we both knew that it was my lovely Bell'e who had passed. So I took Fern back and curled up into a ball and cried even more, since my first chicken which I would do anything for- was gone. RIP Bell'e June 13th, 2009 - Febuary 4th, 2012
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  2. Dowie

Dowie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    So sorry for your loss! [​IMG] She was very beautiful. Be careful with your other girls. The cold could well be contagious.

3. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    I'm so sorry for your loss [​IMG]

4. abbey808

abbey808 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2011
    Hawaii
    Such a beautiful girl! I am so sorry for your loss. [​IMG]

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Beautiful. Sorry she had to go.

6. wildriverswolf90

wildriverswolf90 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2011
    polk county, NC
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] so sorry

7. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    Thanks. But no one else is sneezing, so I'll take that as a good sign.

8. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

So beautiful. I'm very sorry for your loss. [​IMG]

9. Snozzle

Snozzle Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2011
    Tri-Cities Tennessee
    What a beautiful little girl, I am so sorry for your loss

10. Lady Chickadee

Lady Chickadee Rocky Top Silkies

Apr 1, 2011
    Central Kentucky