R.I.P Jelly

SchmidtChicks

Chirping
Apr 4, 2020
Qld, Australia
I am absolutely heartbroken right now!

Its been 9 months since we got our Ducklings at 2.5 weeks old. They aren't friendly, they aren't the greatest pets... But heck, they were family!

I'm angry inside, but bawling my eyes out because our Mama Jelly passed away sometime this morning- she was Skinny and already stiff, so clearly not in the greatest shape after 33 days on a hot nest of eggs.

I'm proud she hatched 8 babies that we did bring inside yesterday, but I am angry because I don't known if she got depressed over it or her state was the cause of her passing.

To add our gosling was picking on her on and off everytime she was out and about so I don't know if he/she killed her overnight 😭

Poor Pogo was huffing and puffing, wagging his tail and trying to get her to wake up and that may have been the worst part yet - He doesn't know she isn't coming back, but I'm angry that maybe he didn't protect her either if our gosling harassed her-

R.I.P beautiful girl - I'm sorry that everything happened as it did and I am sorry if it was because of anything I did 💔

20200425_134953.jpg
20200425_111130.jpg
20200613_093015.jpg
20200619_174338.jpg

I am absolutely heartbroken right now!

Its been 9 months since we got our Ducklings at 2.5 weeks old. They aren't friendly, they aren't the greatest pets... But heck, they were family!

I'm angry inside, but bawling my eyes out because our Mama Jelly passed away sometime this morning- she was Skinny and already stiff, so clearly not in the greatest shape after 33 days on a hot nest of eggs.

I'm proud she hatched 8 babies that we did bring inside yesterday, but I am angry because I don't known if she got depressed over it or her state was the cause of her passing.

To add our gosling was picking on her on and off everytime she was out and about so I don't know if he/she killed her overnight 😭

Poor Pogo was huffing and puffing, wagging his tail and trying to get her to wake up and that may have been the worst part yet - He doesn't know she isn't coming back, but I'm angry that maybe he didn't protect her either if our gosling harassed her-

R.I.P beautiful girl - I'm sorry that everything happened as it did and I am sorry if it was because of anything I did 💔

View attachment 2434373View attachment 2434374View attachment 2434375View attachment 2434376
I'm so sorry for your loss. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom