R.I.P Lucky :(:( 9-6-2011 - 28-3-2012

Christie Loves Silkies

Songster
8 Years
Sep 13, 2011
Centeral Victoria, Australia
I haven't posted in a while.
Today/ yesterday I lost my beautiful girl Lucky.
I saw her feathers all over the yard and the eggs that she was sitting on gone..But my Mum and I can't see her body anywhere.

She was the first chick that I ever hatched out, I house raised her.
I was basically was her Mum.
I'm just so upset :(:(:(:(:(:(:(
We shared a special bond that can't even be put into words.
I miss my baby girl so much
hit.gif

Here is a link to the tribute I wrote for her, if anyone wishes to read it.
http://christiechickens.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/tribute-to-girl-who-stole-my-heart.html

Last edited:
It doesn't matter if your chickens are your friend, your pet, your project or just meat for your table; never forget to morn their passing and to be thankful that you had the opportunity to know them.

...this applies to chickens, alpacas, cats, dogs, people and just about any living thing.

--Mike
schomestead.com

I'm so sorry! I lost my first hatchling too. Only, she was 2 days old... I was so upset, and still haven't been able to raise one my own hatchlings to adulthood (I've only tried 3 times, the first time, just the one hatched. The second batch, the incubator got shook and they all ended up upside down. I just figured out this morning that my temperature for lockdown wasn't accurate and they all got too hot). Although, i have had a broody duck that hatched out some little ducklings for me, and I've still got some of them as adults.

I shouldn't be sad about what happened, you should remember them by the good memories you made together I know it sounds hard. She had a happy life with me. may of left the earth but she haven't left my heart.

When the time is right I'm going to make a wall hanging with photos of her life to remember her by.

Back
Top Bottom