I already know how to breed budgies been doing it for years but will not be breeding next year or two as I get bad anaphylaxis from the dust on them so taking a break from it, heres 3 from this year all my chicks this season where females but one
IMG_20210711_180227_460.jpg
20210711_175340.jpg
20210805_115759.jpg

I already know how to breed budgies been doing it for years but will not be breeding next year or two as I get bad anaphylaxis from the dust on them so taking a break from it, heres 3 from this year all my chicks this season where females but one View attachment 2786916View attachment 2786917View attachment 2786918
These birbs are really pretty! The first one is yellowface opaline clearwing I guess? They are basically rainbow but I think you need a single factor yellowface type 1 for that

These birbs are really pretty! The first one is yellowface opaline clearwing I guess? They are basically rainbow but I think you need a single factor yellowface type 1 for that
First chick is a yf type two opaline clearflight pied. rainbow budgies you need clearwings I dont have that first will look like the father when older...basically green

The one on the right is an opaline and female if dad isnt opaline
Yeah it is opaline. And a female as dad carries the opaline gene, given to him by his mum, but that isnt expressed in his phenotype. And I think you mean "and female if MUM isnt opaline" as its a sex linked mutation and females can get it only from their fathers. Males need both mum and dad to express the gene

Yeah it is opaline. And a female as dad carries the opaline gene, given to him by his mum, but that isnt expressed in his phenotype. And I think you mean "and female if MUM isnt opaline" as its a sex linked mutation and females can get it only from their fathers. Males need both mum and dad to express the gene
Ya my bad lol its if mom isnt opal chick would be female if shes opal to then could be either

Back
Top Bottom