R.i.p Miley <3

A Few months ago, I was being lazy and let my hens outside when i wasn't watching them, and while they were un-supervised, my neighbors dog came and killed my favorite hen, R.I.P My Beloved Spicy, and I blamed myself until I snapped myself out of my grief and thought about what happened, and what I could have done and Should have done, but there is no time machine, and what is done is done, so i just accepted it and focused on protecting my other hens from surrounding hawks, cats, dogs, and crows that live in my area. I was so angry, that I built up my strength to prepare to kill the dog that killed her, but then I told myself that it was just natural instinct, so I am now a guardian angel for my remaining 5 hens, and I decided that even though I might loose another hen to climate or the elements, i will not let another one of my birds fall prey to an animal that gets enough food already, and I still have all 5 of my hens since the incident.
But that's just how I got through my hen dying, and everyone has their own way of mourning, so if need be, take your time, and try to focus on something other than Miley, and it feels good to take your anger out on the thing that killed your bird, because i caught Gus (the dog) in my yard, and started pelting him with rocks, and I kicked him until he ran away with his tail between his legs, and he hasn't come back.
So kill it, it means protecting your flock and allowing them to free-range without constant fear of it killing another, but there are always dangers lurking.
So don't blame yourself! Nobody can bring her back, and everyone makes mistakes, and it gets better as time goes by.

And angie3881, I am so sorry about what happened to your bird, and even though no hawks have attacked my flock yet, they are nesting close, and that must be very frustrating, and you gave it a good life while it was here. Same with you Johnn!

-Ellochicken
yippiechickie.gif

A Few months ago, I was being lazy and let my hens outside when i wasn't watching them, and while they were un-supervised, my neighbors dog came and killed my favorite hen, R.I.P My Beloved Spicy, and I blamed myself until I snapped myself out of my grief and thought about what happened, and what I could have done and Should have done, but there is no time machine, and what is done is done, so i just accepted it and focused on protecting my other hens from surrounding hawks, cats, dogs, and crows that live in my area. I was so angry, that I built up my strength to prepare to kill the dog that killed her, but then I told myself that it was just natural instinct, so I am now a guardian angel for my remaining 5 hens, and I decided that even though I might loose another hen to climate or the elements, i will not let another one of my birds fall prey to an animal that gets enough food already, and I still have all 5 of my hens since the incident.
But that's just how I got through my hen dying, and everyone has their own way of mourning, so if need be, take your time, and try to focus on something other than Miley, and it feels good to take your anger out on the thing that killed your bird, because i caught Gus (the dog) in my yard, and started pelting him with rocks, and I kicked him until he ran away with his tail between his legs, and he hasn't come back.
So kill it, it means protecting your flock and allowing them to free-range without constant fear of it killing another, but there are always dangers lurking.
So don't blame yourself! Nobody can bring her back, and everyone makes mistakes, and it gets better as time goes by.

And angie3881, I am so sorry about what happened to your bird, and even though no hawks have attacked my flock yet, they are nesting close, and that must be very frustrating, and you gave it a good life while it was here. Same with you Johnn!

-Ellochicken
yippiechickie.gif
aww, thats sad, a sparrow hawk was stalking my hens last week, i think it wanted revenge on me after i save a rabitt that it had a hold of!

Back
Top Bottom