R.I.P. Olivia Duck 01/2019 - 05/2021

Sorry to hear about Cami! :hugs
What happened to her?
Seems to have been an unducky day… 😢
Thanks so much.
I’m not sure exactly what happened to her. The night before she passed I had noticed her breathing through her mouth and making an audible gurgling noise. I had checked her over really well. No bumblefoot or signs of injury. Her eyes were alert and she had no nasal discharge or discharge from her eyes. She was breathing very heavy and through her mouth as if she was in respiratory distress and she was unable to quack. There was a loud audible almost gurgling noise which had me thinking aspiration pneumonia but I’m just not sure.
It was nighttime and everywhere was closed so I planned on taking her to the vet in the morning. Sadly she had passed by morning. Honestly, I don’t think she would have lasted the trip as my vet is 1 and a 1/2 hours away. It came on very suddenly and other than that she was acting normal and even swam that day. :(

Definitely an unducky day. :(:hugs

Hi Friends,

just want to let you all know that Olivia Duck, one of my 2019 Spring ducklings, just died in my lap.
She wasn't feeling well since the weekend, struggled with the heat and this morning she crawled towards me, didn't want to eat and was panting heavily.
I gave her a lukewarm bath and it seems to help… She stopped panting and drank some sips of water when suddenly her little heart just stopped and she was gone. :hit
She still looks so peaceful in her hospital nest, she did not even close her eyes…
I lost my Turkey Tom from the Heat to i feel you. I am so sorry for your loss.

Hopefully she can say 'hi' to Count Chockula for me

He left for the big garden pond in the sky last month.
20200910_101317.jpg

Back
Top Bottom