R.I.P. Squeak, my little boy.

AnimalsComeFirst

Songster
8 Years
Jun 6, 2011
Hugging a Chicken
As I laid his frail and weak body against my chest and felt his quick and unsteady heartbeat, I knew the time was near for him to leave me. I cradled him against me, knowing he would like to hear his mothers heartbeat. I kissed him on his forehead and tried to stand him up on my hands, my fingers beneath his shoulders. Normally he would dance and move his feet, but he did not. His eyes looked tired and crusty and one eye had a cataract. As I walked out of the room and went on my way to a camp in another state, leaving my animals in the care of my mom, I picked him up one last time and said, "Goodbye Squeak, momma loves you and always will."

My dear, sweet hamster Squeak passed away this weekend. I came home today and heard of his passing. He was the best hamster I will ever own and will never be forgotten. His memory will always be in my heart and forever in my mind. For the year I have had him, he died at 2 and a half years old. The day we rescued the 2 dwarf hamsters from the MSPCA, I didn't realize how attached I would get to them, and how much grieve would happen when they passed. He lived a life of luxury and attention for the year I had him, and he died snuggling to his brother, Pip. When my mom found him, he was happily laying on his back, in a forever sleep.

For pictures, I made a slideshow of his life pictures. I love you my dear Squeak, I always will.

http://www.kizoa.com/slideshow/d2457015k9141980o1/rip-squeak

hit.gif
I'm so sorry, that must be aweful, the first paragraph of your post is so moving I cried.

So sorry for the loss of your little one.He sure was precious.He looks very happy in the pictures and surely he knew how much he was loved.I am a rat person myself and I know that they leave us much to soon.
hugs.gif

I am so sorry. I may not have replied often, but I did often enjoy the adorable photos of Squeak that you shared with us. Thank you for being willing to take on such a brief life halfway through and giving him the best in his last year. So many people would look only at the heartache that such a short relationship would bring them and miss out on the wonderful joy that they could share just to avoid having to deal with the sorrow a little sooner than if they brought home a baby hamster.

I am so sorry. I may not have replied often, but I did often enjoy the adorable photos of Squeak that you shared with us. Thank you for being willing to take on such a brief life halfway through and giving him the best in his last year. So many people would look only at the heartache that such a short relationship would bring them and miss out on the wonderful joy that they could share just to avoid having to deal with the sorrow a little sooner than if they brought home a baby hamster.

I also have enjoyed the sweet photos that you have posted of your hamsters this past year. What a fortunate little creature to have experienced the care and love you provided for hiim. I am sorry for your loss.

So sorry about you little Squeak. What you wrote was so touching. Looks like he had happy life with his brother and you.

Quote:
I also have enjoyed the sweet photos that you have posted of your hamsters this past year. What a fortunate little creature to have experienced the care and love you provided for hiim. I am sorry for your loss.

Thank you both, i'm glad you have enjoyed his photos over the months, he was very photogenic and a adorable subject.

Back
Top Bottom