R.I.P. Stevie

jmccarrell

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 26, 2012
So, its been a stressful week for my chickens. First, my former flock leader gets attacked by my dog and survives but does have a leg injury. Then Charlie gets ousted from the flock by the new leader. We find our first egg two days ago, and unfortunately yesterday my dog got a hold of another one of my chickens. That chick didn't fair as well as Charlie. Stevie was a White Easter Egger and a very curious little girl. Every time I would sit in the outside coop with the chickens feeding them meal worms and she'd be there front and center. She will be missed by her coop mates. Lesson I learned from all of this is to make sure the dogs are in the house before I bring the chickens in for the night and make sure I clip the wings so they can't fly out of the outside coop.

hugs.gif
I'm very sorry.
The chicken's will always be with you. We all learn.
and
welcome-byc.gif

Thanks everyone! At least she wasn't the one that laid the egg the other day. Her sister is the egg layer as I found out today being she had an egg ready for me today. Now only if Roxanne my little Wyandotte will just start laying then I can start getting some brown eggs to go with my green ones...lol! Gonna haveta get another hen soon being I only have two left outta the three.

Back
Top Bottom