Rabbit breeder's thread!

they are in an insulated shed. I open a window at the other end of the shed in the day. I am so glad I found a place to ask questions. I have been reading books for help. I only put a 40 watt bulb because I was worried about changing the temp too much. it is supposed to be 30 tomorrow. I think I will look to see how many she had. this is her second litter. the first was only 2. I bought her a month ago already bred. I figured it would be a good idea if one of us knew what we were doing.
lol.png

In the insulated shed, I wouldn't worry about it if there is more than one then. If you put some of her hair on your hand then pick up the babies she should be fine. Most does don't care, but it is always better to be safe.

If it's going to be 30 tomorrow, you definitely don't have to worry about the babies getting cold, lol. Pet her a little and then like dmiravalle said, put some of her hair on your hand and check them out. Mine don't mind me sticking my hands in the box right away after she's had her litter, but my rabbits have been use to me handling them since THEY were babies.

Another aspect of summer breeding, you have to vigilant on fly control and cleaning out the nest boxes or you will have maggots, I rarely breed in high summer.

I gots pictures!! I love sharing my bunnies and I want to see everyone elses too!!

New Zealand momma Ruby with her baby Sunshine
IMG_3549.jpg

Sunshine all grown up
037.jpg

Scrappy when he was younger
IMG_3550.jpg

Scrappy grown up in the same arms (my husband)
029.jpg

Random new keeper baby
015.jpg

I have a white NZ and a black NZ and those babies were what came out of them!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom