Rabbit breeder's thread!

Awesome news! Congrats on the babies!

I have seen the nest box stuff too for when does don't pull enough fur. They have it at kw cages. I just ordered two new nest boxes and an inkinator tattoo machine from them!

I am a rabbit breeder and have been since 2003. I currently raise Dutch but will be getting back into Harlequins in March. I show my best bunnies, all that don't make the show cut go in the freezer.

Quote:
Thanks! Yes, we did build our own cages.. it was cheaper and I was able to make them the sizes I wanted. For the does I have it 24"x36" the bucks 24"x30" and the baby cages 30"x36".. works out nice! I don't know what gauge the wire is or anything, we bought it at Mill's Fleet Farm. We use a 1/2"x1" for the bottom and the sides and top is 1"x2". We put a small wire around the bottom too on the doe cages to make sure that it's so tiny no baby can fit out
smile.png

I have a french lop due on the 20th...fingers crossed. A blue mini lop due on the 20th as well. I also have 3 english lops, a broken tort buck, a broken blue doe and a solid blue does. The EL does are only 5 months old, I am IMPATIENTLY vaiting for them to get breeding age. The english and the french are my 2 favorite rabbit breeds!

My EL buck Gordon
27498_100_1260.jpg

My french lop doe Lullaby (about 5-6months in this pic) she is now 11 monmths nad 14lbs.

27498_100_1264.jpg

Cute pics! Here are mine....I only have 9 holes so not many buns.
Dwarf Hotot Sr buck
57966_110.jpg

Dwarf Hotot Jr doe
57966_juno.jpg

Netherland Dwarf Sr doe (currently bred to the broken lilac) She is black but a dilute and chocolate carrier
57966_blackdoe11.jpg

Netherland Dwarf Senior buck - broken lilac
57966_lb931.jpg

ND jr chocolate otter doe
57966_rhs251.jpg

ND jr chocolate doe
57966_cds_bittersweet.jpg

And last but not least...my sr chocolate ND buck
57966_c2image0021.jpg

Oh such pretty bunnies!!! I LOVE the lops - those ears are adorable!!! I'd get one just cus it's cute but I'm afraid of our bad winters and those beautiful ears
sad.png

The dwarfs - Oh my goodness!! You could almost pluck them right out of the pictures and give them snuggles!
wee.gif
I love bunnies!

Back
Top Bottom