Rabbit breeder's thread!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by rilly10, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Luvducks

Luvducks Songster

Apr 8, 2009
    Colorado
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

I Love EVERYONES Pictures! Here are a couple of mine. Blue Eyed White Lionheads, Netherland Darwf and my Rex Boy!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  2. dewey

dewey Songster

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    It's nice to see this thread. Mine are mainly meat rabbits. NZW's & NZW/CA. There's some juniors I'd like to show but not sure it that'll work out with my schedule. There's another barn I cross with and we're also working on another line. This spring we'll be transporting a dozen across country for both barns and I'm excited about that. Lots of work but I [​IMG] rabbits and the rewards.

3. Louise's Country Closet

Louise's Country Closet Songster

Feb 5, 2010
    Garrison, MN
    Quote:OMG! I love your Rex boy!!! Reminds me of my Rex girl!
    [​IMG]

4. Luvducks

Luvducks Songster

Apr 8, 2009
    Colorado
    Quote:OMG! I love your Rex boy!!! Reminds me of my Rex girl!
    http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd406/louisescountrycloset/IMG_3952.jpg

How Cute! We should get them together! I will meet you half way. Ha Ha He is So sweet too. My neighbors moved to Montana and the daughter showed in 4-H. I took Chocolate Chip (Rex) and Blizzard (ND) from them. Thank you for showing me you darling girl.

5. RabbitMage

RabbitMage Songster

Mar 27, 2009
    We've dabbled in a few breeds, but the Tans have been with us almost 11 years now.

Here's a few pics of my most recent litter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Louise's Country Closet

Feb 5, 2010
    Garrison, MN
    [​IMG] I wish, they'd have some cute babies!! Pickle (because she LOVES cucumbers) came from one of my favorite rabbits that came down with snuffles - so I kept her to replace her momma but she became my ultimate favorite! Not only does she love her cucumbers but she's an obsessive kisser, lol.

7. Louise's Country Closet

Feb 5, 2010
    Garrison, MN
    Quote:[​IMG] OH WOW! I want one!!! [​IMG]

8. waryyear950

waryyear950 In the Brooder

Jan 7, 2011
    They just feed them . Then leave,you can tell if there getting fed there belly's will be nice and round .

9. Luvducks

Luvducks Songster

Apr 8, 2009
    Colorado
    Gorgeous TANS! I like So many breeds of Rabbits!

10. NoelTate

NoelTate Songster

Apr 8, 2008
    Mobile, AL
    [​IMG]
    A pic of the new litter. These four seem to be doing fine so far. Since they made it through the first 36 hours, I am feeling much more positive about their chances. She might do fine and raise them after all [​IMG] The funny thing is all the people asking for a baby now. I keep wanting to ask if they have any idea how much I spent on the parents, yet they want me to give them a baby?! lol It'd be one thing if they were plain, white bunnies, but they are Hollands from show quality stock, although I have not caved in and joined the show circuit myself just yet...maybe this summer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: