Rabbit breeder's thread!

Quote:
Part of it depends on the breed, for example my angora's would get uncomfortable at 80 and when I had english lops or large earred breeds around 90 is when I would worry.

It really depends on the humidity and shade, etc....

I use a swamp cooler in the summer if it is over 95 on the rabbits I have now, but mostly frozen water bottles work if it is really bad which is rare here, I will ice the outside of their ears to cool them off quicker and make sure they have cool water to drink.

But when we had netherlands with little ears, I would say they were closer to the angora temps. That has just been my experience.

mine all have little ears. what is a swamp cooler?

I did not know what a swamp cooler was til I moved out West. Like an Air Conditioner but since Humidity is so low here it cools the air without removing Humidity. Nice name. huh? I LOVE EVERYONES BUNNY Pictures!

Quote:
mine all have little ears. what is a swamp cooler?

I did not know what a swamp cooler was til I moved out West. Like an Air Conditioner but since Humidity is so low here it cools the air without removing Humidity. Nice name. huh? I LOVE EVERYONES BUNNY Pictures!

thanks. I was clueless.
hu.gif
we have tons of hot drippy humidity in the summer.

15886_my_chickens_847.jpg

this is my first bunny houdini. I got him last fall at a livestock auction. the bunnies were on the ground in tiny all wire cages. no food or water. it was snowing. they were out there for many hours. all the bunnies were going for food for 1 or 2 dollars. I was not looking for a rabbit but I had to rescue him. hubby said no. when it was time for this guy to be auctioned, I snuck behind hubby, snatched bidder number from his back pocket,walked away and started to bid.

Quote:
Good Job! Its a Jersey Wooly. Very Cute!

thankyou. I put a wanted ad on craigs list to find him a girlfriend. it worked. I bought a nice pedigreed blue wolly and named her magician's secret. then I discovered lionheads and bought a bunch. I found a breeder with beautiful stock who was downsizing.

Quote:
Evap/swamp coolers work excellent even with high temps like we get here in the desert if the dew point is below 55 degrees...dew point over 55 and they make the air even more sticky and icky.

Quote:
Evap/swamp coolers work excellent even with high temps like we get here in the desert if the dew point is below 55 degrees...dew point over 55 and they make the air even more sticky and icky.

Thank you Dewy. I did not know all the Technicalities. LOL I am from PA and moved to the Western Slope of CO 7 years ago. In town people have Swamp Coolers but we are up on a mountain so stays cooler up here and not necessary.

Quote:

Thank you Dewy. I did not know all the Technicalities. LOL I am from PA and moved to the Western Slope of CO 7 years ago. In town people have Swamp Coolers but we are up on a mountain so stays cooler up here and not necessary.

I think you described it well.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom