Rabbit Housingn Ideas/Post Your Rabbit Hutch/Run

June Chick

Songster
Apr 12, 2016
I need rabbit housing ideas, what do y’all aphave set up? Looking for something simple and preferably easy to clean/access

Love to see all your enclosures!

Here's a couple that I've had.
The top one is a free range colony.
The bottom is a colony set up we had in our barn.
Of course many will chime in to say neither can work.
20180126_162712-1.jpg
20170625_053813.jpg

Here's a couple that I've had.
The top one is a free range colony.
The bottom is a colony set up we had in our barn.
Of course many will chime in to say neither can work.
View attachment 1756097 View attachment 1756102
For the top free range set up, did you have any problems with wild rabbits? I read that they can pick up fleas and ear mites from wild rabbits, did you find that to be so? Curious as I always want to let a few extra males wander about but still feed them, but I don't want to get mine infested with fleas and such from the wild bunnies.

I house my bunnies in individual hutches or cages that are kept inside a fenced area, on concrete, and I rotate who goes out for the day. Females are in their own area and males in another to cut down on moody bunnies.

I would think it would be likely they could.
We don't have the issue here but we have next to no wild rabbits here either. I think I've seen three on our property in 6 or 7 years.
Since the fur trade has been killed our predators are so overpopulated that small game has all but disappeared.
Of course our biggest issue is lose to predators but as for health I think they're as healthy or more so then ours that are contained. We don't feed them per say but they always have access to our horse hay barn.
Never seen any that look ill or in poor health and they breed like...well like rabbits.
We do rabbit round ups some times and sell some and at one time tried for months to catch them all. Got down to only seeing two around then like a month or two later we were back to like 20 then 30. It was crazy.

WOW. I love both of those set ups.
No, not like I’m jealous or anything

For real though, they both look amazing

Thank you. I hate confining bunnies to cages/hutches so we've always had them in nice bIg runs but it doesn't come cheap.....the current one which is half for buns and half for chooks cost £2000 to have built!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom