Rabbit Hutches

What style of rabbit hutches are the best?

• Cages

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Hutches

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Other

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
:welcome
these are my hutches that we built. They are nice and stay warm with the help of straw in the winter.The second one was meant for a french lop and was made big and could probably fit two bonded bunnies that are medium to small sized.

I'm thinking about getting meat rabbits and I'm deciding on what type of hutches to get.

The Farm: Great cages. Do they work well? Do they have a bottom or is it just wire?

Goats Rule 101: They look awesome. Do you have any complaints with the hutches?

Thanks

Last edited:
OK to answer your ques ton they work great! Wire on the bottom of the cage so we don't have to scrap all the poop out.
I have raised meat rabbits seance I was 9. I started out with wood hutches but with the rabbits peeing on the wood it rotted so fast.
We also got parasites and mites that were living in the wood and all my rabbit were sick and infected that's why I don't like wood hutches.
We have metal roofs and metal side so they stay plenty warm and we are in OK and it get down to 22 last night and we are still having babies in the cold.

Sweet. I'll try the wire cages out. Do you still raise rabbits? If so, what breeds do you have?

I can see your set on the wire cages but to answer your question I personally haven't had any problems with the wood hutches and I think they work great. I don'thave meat rabbits though and Im sure cages are better for that. Good luck with your rabbits! :D

Goats rule 101- I do see how great it would be to have hutches with pet rabbits, but because I'm in the meat business it would be way to expensive to buy a hutch for each rabbit. But thank you for your time.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom