Rabbit nest box bedding materials

What do you use for your rabbit nest box bedding?

• Pine shavings

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Newspaper

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hay or straw of some sort

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I voted other......I've not had rabbit babies yet, but when I do I figure I'll just use carefresh like I use in the litter boxes.

I too use the pine shavings with hay layered ontop. I also save clean fur from grooming incase mom doesn't pull enough to keep the babies warm.

I didn't vote, cuz I use both shavings and straw/hay too. Shavings in the bottom, either straw or hay on top. I usually put alot of (usually) hay in the cage when momma starts her nesting dance. she'll pick it up and 'dance' around with it, and make the nest. Also somthing for her and the kits to nibble on.

I like to use wheat straw-not other. Just had to say I love watching them filling their mouths with it and carry it into the nest box. After they have all they want they pull breast/stomach fir to line it with.

The most amazing thing is a young rabbit that is raised in complete isolation from all others of her kind (except for that one night stand) builds the same nest for her young--no lessons--no "Nest Building For Dummies" books in her library (I checked)!

Makes you wonder how this Just Happens All By Chance.

Back
Top Bottom