Rabbit people!!! Info needed!! Please!!!! *UPDATED*

The huge white one had a couple drops of blood 2 days ago. Have not seen anything else though! It is really hard to palpate them as they will not even let me touch them right now! This is litter number 3 for the big white one and the spotted one is a first timer!

Also the white one has been digging a lot! Not so much for the spotted! They have both been consuming double what my other 4 have been each day in food and water. No fur pulled and they kept eating the hay! Now they won't touch it! They seem to have slowed down a bit on the food and water tonight though!

caf.gif

OK! Big momma Pearl (the white one) has got some major kicking in that big belly! I barely touched her and they kicked my hand a ton and very fast! Little momma Spots is not happy about being touched at all and every time I try she changes position so I can't feel a thing! She has stopped eating and drinking it seems though! And they are both panting very very fast! THOUGHTS!!!!!!!!

OK! Big momma Pearl (the white one) has got some major kicking in that big belly! I barely touched her and they kicked my hand a ton and very fast! Little momma Spots is not happy about being touched at all and every time I try she changes position so I can't feel a thing! She has stopped eating and drinking it seems though! And they are both panting very very fast! THOUGHTS!!!!!!!!

Labor! They're fine. Just let them get comfortable.

They should be very comfy! I cleaned their cages today and put all fresh clean litter in the boxes (since they hadn't built nests anyways)! Thanks for the help everybody!!

If I have a doe that seems to not want to use her nest box (some inexperienced does haven't the foggiest what that thing is for) I will pretty much line her cage with hay. That way, wherever she puts her nest, there is usually enough hay to provide some insulation. At this time of year, my hall closet is my "birth center." I've had many litters born in there; it's amazing how much messing about some does will tolerate.

Yeah my girls are in my finished basement with the wood stove, chick brooders and unfortunately the cats! Mine don't seem to bother the chicks or the rabbits thank god! We are in NH so it is very cold here lately! No hutches for them this week (that's how long they have been in the house getting use to their indoor cages)! Hope they go tonight so I can stop feeling bad about going in there every 15 minutes wih chicks! (I'm also in the process of a very staggered 60+ egg hatch)!

OK Guys! Somuch for they are in labor last night and get them comfy! Whole night labor and they are still the same! What is up with these girls???? So weird that they are the same amount late together when Pearl has been right on time with her last 2! Need some heavy duty advice here! I have tried tums, fresh parsley, and raspberry tea! What else you got before one of them explodes!? May not look it in the pics but these girls are huge around their bellies and I mean HUGE!!!!!!!!

I got nothin for you other than what you've done, but wanted to help keep this up where someone might see it. Hope something positive happens soon. That's really strange.

Back
Top Bottom