Rabbit people!!! Info needed!! Please!!!! *UPDATED*

You know, sometimes things slow down and then start back up. Maybe the babies are tired. It's a lot of work being born. The mommas might need the rest too. I hope that's all it is. Could be one is blocking another and has to readjust.

Do you have the tea? Also Sleepy Time tea works.

You know, sometimes things slow down and then start back up. Maybe the babies are tired. It's a lot of work being born. The mommas might need the rest too. I hope that's all it is. Could be one is blocking another and has to readjust.

Do you have the tea? Also Sleepy Time tea works.

They are already drinking herbal red raspberry tea because people said that would help with labor! I don't drink tea so I have no chamomile or sleepy time! I had to go labor food shopping for them today actually! Got them the raspberry tea and some (lots) parsley and their favorite lettuce to keep them happy!

Raspberry is good during pregnancy even in people, I have had all high risk pregnancies and have had barrels of the stuff. but Chamomile relaxes the rabbit.

I'm not coming up with anything other than take them to a vet. Even the Veterinary colleges write it on their sites. DUH! You ARE the vets! OMG I can't believe I'm finding nothing.

Raspberry is good during pregnancy even in people, I have had all high risk pregnancies and have had barrels of the stuff. but Chamomile relaxes the rabbit.

I'm not coming up with anything other than take them to a vet. Even the Veterinary colleges write it on their sites. DUH! You ARE the vets! OMG I can't believe I'm finding nothing.

I'm saying! I can't find a stinking thing! I am sooo stressed out right now! Maybe I'm the one that needs Chamomile Tea! My lord this has been a long week already! I haven't slept in like 3 days because I don't wanna leave my girls alone during this! Especially the baby! Her first time and I was hoping to catch her so if something went wrong and she turned on them cuz she got scared then I could snatch them out till feeding time! Or foster with Pearl! So much for that plan!

Hate to say it, but with not being able to do much more, you should get some rest in case you're at this again tomorrow. I'm really hoping you fall asleep and wake up to healthy kits and mommas and worried for nothing. That's in a perfect world though. Still maybe they just need less attention so they can get on with in. That's what I'm hoping for them and for you.

Yeah and what is this that on the whole world wide web, you can't get a dang answer? Unreal!

Hate to say it, but with not being able to do much more, you should get some rest in case you're at this again tomorrow. I'm really hoping you fall asleep and wake up to healthy kits and mommas and worried for nothing. That's in a perfect world though. Still maybe they just need less attention so they can get on with in. That's what I'm hoping for them and for you.

Yeah and what is this that on the whole world wide web, you can't get a dang answer? Unreal!

I'm gonna try! Thanks for listening tonight to all my ranting and raving! Guess maybe I just love my babies like they are human babies! If they hurt or don't feel good then I instantly wanna fix it!
Nite - Nite!!

I fell asleep in a kiddie pool while one of my Rotties was having pups. Up 3 day too and then couldn't keep my eyes open. Guess how bad I smelled. LOL Still got each one weighed and marked and don't know how I did it. Yep get that sleep.

Good night

How often are you checking on them, looking in the box etc? Perhaps you are bothering them too much? Rabbits are not "human babies" they are pray animals and regardless of how much care and love they no doubt receive from you, it's their natural instinct to hide and do this part alone... this increases the chances of the kits surviving. You may do your rabbits more harm than good by interfering too much and making them delay delivery. I know my rabbits prefer to be left alone during this time. I'd suggest, keeping them in a dark and quite area, and only go in to feed/water etc, but leave them alone.

Last edited:
How often are you checking on them, looking in the box etc? Perhaps you are bothering them too much? Rabbits are not "human babies" they are pray animals and regardless of how much care and love they no doubt receive from you, it's their natural instinct to hide and do this part alone... this increases the chances of the kits surviving. You may do your rabbits more harm than good by interfering too much and making them delay delivery. I know my rabbits prefer to be left alone during this time. I'd suggest, keeping them in a dark and quite area, and only go in to feed/water etc, but leave them alone.

Yeah thats what I'm trying today! Haven't sat with them even once today! Hope it helps!

It's been my experience that once they go over 31 days that's usually a dead litter or a stuck kit.

Now, a few scenarios and questions:

1. Perhaps they had the litter and ate the litter - it happens, quite a bit.

2. Perhaps they had the babies on the floor of the wire and they crawled out of the cage.

3. Did they pull fur and make an actual nest?

4. Are you CERTAIN your buck is fertile?

5. Are you CERTAIN it's a drop of blood? Rabbit urine can sometimes stain pine shaving reddish color leaving people to think there's a spot of blood.

Back
Top Bottom