Rabbit people!!! Info needed!! Please!!!! *UPDATED*

Good to know that I am not the only one here! I gave up on these girls and kicked them out of the house today! They are back in their hutches and the other 2 girls, Marbles and Snuggles, are spending some quality time with Thumper and Buggz! I will try Pearl and Spots again next month but if they still can't pull this off then it migh be a pet home for them!!! This will be Marbles and Snuggles first time if all goes well!
fl.gif

Yes my name and Kim and I have a chicken and rabbit addiction.

The 3 I bought last week are going to be rehomed. I couldn't see them well enough when I was bidding and that's what I get, but I loved the color. They ended up being very think, but are going to be very pretty. They'll just be bigger than I need to have right now, so I'm going ahead and get them in better shape and see if I can get my money back on them. They aren't as skiddish, but still need a little work, but they're young. I know that, cause they keep growing. LOL

I not only can home with 3 Lionheads yesterday, but 2 Sumatra hen, 1 Splash Marans hen and a trio of Silver Phoenix. Bought or picked them all all up at the Stockton show yesterday. Oh and night before I icked up 7 blue and blue copper Marans chicks that are now out in the brooder. I'm going to be deciding on some of my other birds as to what it going to be sold. Need to feed all these guys now.

Good to know that I am not the only one here! I gave up on these girls and kicked them out of the house today! They are back in their hutches and the other 2 girls, Marbles and Snuggles, are spending some quality time with Thumper and Buggz! I will try Pearl and Spots again next month but if they still can't pull this off then it migh be a pet home for them!!! This will be Marbles and Snuggles first time if all goes well!
fl.gif

I would put them right back in with a buck asap and have all your litters at once. That way, if you have to have a foster momma your chances will be greater to have another doe with a litter. I always try to breed 2 or more does at a time just because if something goes wrong and I need to put 1 or 2 in with a different doe, I can. I have had lone survivors who I have put in with another doe, and I have had mommas who just had too many and split the litter evenly with a smaller one. Also, if one doesn't 'take' then I am not as disappointed.
I did finally get rid of a big, fat doe I had kept around way too long. I loved that when she had babies they were good quality, but she was so fat it took forever to get her bred each time. I finally decided that it was time to go.
People who have never tried breeding rabbits think that it is easy an thinking about it, but the truth is, when you want them to breed they don't and when you don't want them to, they find a way to get into each other's cage and do it. I learned really quick that wire is the only way to go!
lol.png
My first litter was 8. I became an addict immediately after that.

So.. my thought is, if the doe have not produced anything yet.. they're probably not pregnant. If the buck has produced in the past, perhaps your doe are too fat? Not trying to be mean, but an overweight doe, can have problems with getting pregnant. Take a good honest look at your rabbits and consider cutting back on their pellets or sweet treats.

You'll also want to verify that your buck is not just going through the motions and are actually succeeding in their attempts. They will usually succeed within the first few minutes (seconds if the doe is really ready) I watch for 2 successful matings, then return her to her cage, If I only see one and it takes forever for the second, I'll put them together again later in the day.. or if he's not successfull, I give her a couple days and try again.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom