Rabbit raid?

Good thing that wasn't my farm because I would be in jail for murder. If I ever came home to someone tresspassing and they were since they didn't have a warrent in hand when they went on her property. I would have gone right in the house and come out with guns a blazing.
somad.gif

I hope this poor woman sues the pants off of everyone that was involved in this.

And what kills me is the horders or people that truley can not take care of any animals have nothing done to them.

A story on this article was posted here a week or two earlier. I don't remember why, maybe it got heated, but the thread was closed. Just an FYI.

ugh my heart goes out for her.

I would be spitting nails (or shooting buck shot) if someone came on to my property and told me all that and took my animals. People just don't understand how rabbits are raised. We now have 24 rabbits and was talking about breeding again soon, since the temps are cooling and the person I was talking too looked like I had said the most awful words ever known to man! She said I was no better than a BYB that hoards dogs. UMM no ma'am we sell our buns for meat. I think she could have fainted!

Poor lady. They are trying to make it so there are no more farms in the US and we are all fully dependent on Grocery Stores.
roll.png

I agree, every time I say my rabbits are for meat some people just about have a coronary. Until I tell them that over 5 million rabbits are raised in the United States just for meat. Then they do have a coronary!

Quote:
Yeah, it's amazing the reactions of people....

There will still be the large corporate farms in the US, but no small family farms. But you're right, they want us to be dependant on us because what is the easiest way to control a population? Food!

Last edited:
Quote:
Yeah, it's amazing the reactions of people....

There will still be the large corporate farms in the US, but no small family farms. But you're right, they want us to be dependant on us because what is the easiest way to control a population? Food!

EXACTLY.

somad.gif
i almost hit something when i read that. These are the cases that 'animal cops' dosn't show on TV. if they're so proud of what they do and think it's the rite thing why cant they put it on TV for everyone to see. What abuse really is is putting a rabbit in a diaper and telling them they can't have babies and giving them all the food and treats they want so they become obese. they might as well catch all the wild animals and spay and nutuer them and sell them as pets because they aren't in a controled envirnment with constant suply of food and water. rabbits should be kept on a wire bottom too. you want to know where the money comes from to spay and nutuer all those rabbits? from the good citizens of colorodo. if someone came to my house and said that they would get an earful. i think i would just have to move out of country. i wish i could cova (if thats how you spell it) my emotions

Thank you so much for posting the article. I had a feeling from the other thread that there was serious misleading going on from the media. This just sickens me to the core that AR groups are getting so much power. I mean really, why do we HAVE to be dependent on grocery stores? When the first lady is encouraging backyard gardens wouldn't the next logical step in that be raising your own meat? Why is it so unreasonable to know where our food comes from and not ingest the nasty chemicals should we choose to do so? Now I know that she didn't just raise her rabbits for meat but also for 4-H but the argument is the same. She was raising them correctly for the species and encouraging children to learn about animals. Far too many kids are stuck in the video world and have no idea what it means to be responsible for their food source. I think it's time we stood up and took back what has been taken from us. We should be allowed to raise our own food, if you have the space and can accommodate raising meat then that should be acceptable too. I'm so tired of nosy neighbors getting their pants in a bunch because "I can't believe you'd eat a fluffy, cute rabbit!!!"

Sorry, had a mini-rant there! While I am not considering anything nearly as large as Ms. Bell's setup I am considering raising meat rabbits in the near future. This kind of thing makes me a little nervous considering how close-minded CA fish and game department is about everything.

It's just a travesty that the people that seized the rabbits are allowed to spay and neuter before a court date is even set let alone come to pass. Just disgusting.

Back
Top Bottom