Rabbit raid?

I want to ask a strange question. Say when she came home and they were taking the rabbits without the warrant and she told them to stop and they didn't. Then she went inside got a gun and shot them. What would have happened? Is she in the law since they were on her land? I am assuming not since she probably didn't have no trespassing signs.

That's a tricky question. Depends on how the law is written I would assume. That would only be plausible if the sheriff wasn't there. Since law officials accompanied the AR people I don't think she could have done that without getting shot herself.

Quote:
I think she would have been charged with something for shooting someone. you never know with the econimy though. God (sorry if your non religious) made animals for meat and entertainment. pretty soon we will get neither from them if we cant even own them.

Unless they can prove that they could see the rabbits were in distress from outside then they broke federal search an seizure laws when they opened the barn. Even though they got a warrant later it is worthless. The warrant was acquired using illegally acquired information making it fruit of the illegal act an also illegal.

Shooting is never really an option when its a cop. If the cops were not there then at least in this state it would have been.

This makes me sick. It happened to a local rabbitry we happened to be close with, also. We helped fight it, and she got her buns back. Hopefully she rips them apart.

I am going to go ahead and chime in now. I participated in the other thread, reported this one early this morning, and apparently staff is ok with keeping it open.

I have a friend of mine who is personal friends with Ms. Bell. I am really too tired to go into the whole mess, however, Ms. Bell is being railroaded. She has a stellar reputation in the community with 4-H and a stellar reputation in the show world as well. There is ALOT of false information being submitted to the public by the media. The dead rabbits were in the freezer. One dead kit in the barn, aged approximately 5 weeks, which is a high mortality age for a rabbit kit.

It is reported that her barn was a mess, with a filthy floor. There was a MAJOR storm the night before. I think all of us here get the condition of the barn - debris and mud, puddles runs, etc. Been there done that. It is also reported that her rabbits had no water. She watered them before she went to work. Rabbit breeders know that a rabbit is going to be just fine if there is 9-10 hours between waterings. She had an automatic watering system in place that was rendered useless by the previous nights storm. Yet she took the time to water them in the morning before she left for work.

Picture it in your mind. A lady that has worked for more than 20 years on her reputation. Large barn with 200 rabbits. Auto waterer broken by a storm, filthy barn floor from the same storm. What would you do?

I would water them, feed them, go to work and come home and clean up. She did not have the chance to do that.

Back
Top Bottom