Rabbits and Ducks, Not So Much

I would think that very odd, except that I've seen my daughter's pet rabbit chase the cats around the yard. I would have never guessed those cute fuzzy bunnies could be such bullies.

Sounds like solitary confinement is the way to go for your mean, food hogging bunny, Oregon Blues.

I reckon that some animals are just nasty - same as some people.

Rabbit is nice braised in cider with leeks and apricots
wink.png

Mmmm....now I feel like cooking rabbit this weekend.

We had built temporary housing in the duck coop for our flemish doe before we had her hutch built.....the little bugger JUMPED the 3 ft fence lmao She would see me coming down and haul butt back in the coop, jump back over the fence and sprawl out like she'd been chilling there all day! She always got along with the ducks. But now her and her mate, a flemish buck, are in their hutches separated of course.

Here's a pic

My aunt use to have a checkered giant as a house pet......I remember when we were little it would run at us and attack us kids....he ended up in the stew pot

Hmm.. My Muscovy went after a wild rabbit! My bunnies are all kept inside so I don't have any issue with them and my ducks being only lionheads the ducks are huge in comparison.

Flemish rabbits are a riot! That's what mine were. I had two does, and they would bolt towards me and kick their heels up when I walked outside during their free time. I stopped letting them have free time with the ducks... the ducks weren't fans of rabbit play. They never got mean with them, but certainly were curious. I ended up making a rabbit run, and then ultimately sold them to a pet home when I realized we wouldn't be able to eat rabbit we raised. Probably won't be eating duck anytime soon either, unless we have to.

Did everyone see the sheep herding rabbit video that was circulating around?

I have an exercise pen for my Lop that is on the ground. She can dig & hop & I can clean her hutch out & do chores while she gets to feel like a bunny.
The ducks always sit right next to it & watch her like hawks when she is in there. They seem to be her favorite eye candy, but they have never gotten close enough for her to attack.

Haven't tried my ducks with my bunny, but my cat ignores them other than to just sit & watch. However, put the cat & bunny together & you have an instant game of "TAG"...lol
The bunny was young when we got the kitten, but was just a bit bigger than her. Everytime we got the bunny out the kitten would "chase" the bunny & they would run around the room together. If the cat stopped chasing the bunny would come back & prance in front of her until she chased him again. Now at full grown, they still play "TAG"...it's hilarious to watch.

OMG! I have a bunny in with my ducks right now. It has been in with them since it was about 6wks old and it is approx 3mos. The ducks seem annoyed with the bunny at times but it never even crossed my mind that the bunny could potentially hurt the ducks
idunno.gif

I would be careful with rabbits and ducks. Ours was never suppose to be out with the ducks lmao but our "temporary run" we made til her hutch was done was clearly not built high enough lmao. Like some said, rabbits can be very territorial.

Ps....little miss Honey, the Flemish in the post above, blessed us with 4 more bunnies yesterday morning
hu.gif
sigh. We have only had her 3 weeks so she was apparently bred before we got her....poor thing is only 4 months old herself

Back
Top Bottom