Then normal situation restored. I have been watching a lot of critter populations closely. Most fluctuate a lot. Even the predators and their impacts. Here is has little or nothing to do with hunting pressure.

I lock my birds up at night and during the day they free-range. The only animals that take mine (daylight hours) are dogs. Dogs can wipe out your whole flock in a really short time. They kill one and run to another until there are no more to kill and just for the fun of it. At least with a wild animal they grab one and run, leaving the rest. Of course if a raccoon gets into your coop at night that may not be the case. We have a healthy wild rabbit population and so I'm thinking that helps for ours. If all the wild prey were killed out we might have large losses.

If I raised rabbits even for meat I would still want them to have a safe and happy life so for me no baiting with my animals.

Coyotes will kill, eat the innards and go on to the next, also since they run in packs there are normally more than one. Have seen it too many times.

Back
Top Bottom