Rabbit's back hips rotated to the left?

Aspen is appreciating her ramp. :D
IMG_2060.jpg

Its been a while since I updated this thread, I figured I'd add in the latest. Recently, Aspen has been having issues with urine scald. Even though her odd hip rotation seems to have gotten better since I added more traction, its obvious that there are some real issues with her back legs. I took these photos the other day, (below) of her odd leg positions. It just seems like she doesn't have much control over her back legs, or they're weak, or uncoordinated. I've also noticed that if she slips, and her legs slide out from underneath her, she has a very hard time righting herself. Today when I picked her up to check her urine scalding, and I set her back down this happened. I set her down at an off angle, her back legs lipped out from under her. Then, they stretch out behind her and she scrabbles with her front legs. All the while it looked like she was trying to scratch her shoulder with her teeth. The first time it happened I was afraid she was having a seizure, that gives you an idea as to what it looks like. Once I righted her and got her back on her feet, she was fine. Its very very odd. I'll try to get a photo and post it if it happens again, its just hard to be in the right place at the right time. It doesn't happen very often.
A member on a rabbit forum said her leg issues could be because of previous injury that didn't heal correctly, or a congenital issue. Something I probably wouldn't be able to do much about at this point.
The hard part is not knowing a thing about her past. Though I do think its safe to assume that this is why she was dumped. 😔
I'm assuming her urine scald is happening because of posture/leg issues. Though I am also concerned about a UTI just because she does have some of the symptoms. I did get her an appointment with a rabbit savvy vet for next week Friday. I'll update everyone on what they say. Does anyone else have any experience with issues like this? She acts fine either way, not super outgoing, she does seem to stick to her litter box/home base for the most part, but other than that she acts fine, and seems very happy.
Thanks to anyone who is following Aspens progress, I'll try to update this thread as often as possible. Maybe it will be helpful for someone else in the future. 🙂

Photos-
In the first photo you can see her obvious incoordination. In the second and third photos, you can see that her back feet are turned in towards each other, and are crossed over each other in the last photo. You can also see the severity of her urine scald. I may do a warm compress and apply some calendula cream to her back legs before the vet visit. An experienced member on a rabbit forum posted an article which suggested that.

Attachments

• IMG_2918.jpg
    IMG_2918.jpg
    398.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2919.jpg
    IMG_2919.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2921.jpg
    IMG_2921.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Back