Rabbit's DON'T belong in cages!!!

These little ones

Will hope fully have 1 big ground cage in a few months.
1 mini lop doe
1 Flemish/ NZ cross buck
1 Dutch buck
They will not be neutered. Unless problems arise.

Can you post pictures of the cages and runs? I am going to be building a retirement hut with a large grass run. But I need it to be low so the senior bunny can get in and out easy. The bunny that will be in the hut first has the old man hair line, his whole back is hairless, and no it is not my bunny, it is a friend who rescues and breeds. I am going to take her "unwanted" the old ones that she doesn't use anymore and the Flemish that she isn't going to breed and possibly the cuddly female who was born with a crooked leg that won't bend(she doesn't have an elbow). But my plan so far is using a bottom to the plastic small animal cages as a poop/run in the hutch with thick straw/hay. A removable divider to the enclosed "bedroom" with a tile floor, and a door from the run so they can go into the grass run, that will be portable. The drawing on the left is the chicken coop that will go onto a long grass run as well.

This one of my runs. 6 8x10 chain link panels formed in to a box and covered with a tarp for shade. Seams are woven with wire. I threw down straw and dirt about 6 inches deep to allow some digging (although the lg breeds aren't big on digging).The house is the bottom half of a plastic dog house upside down and filled with straw. I also added 3 wire cages just in case I needed to separate anyone. I keep a pair of French lops here and will be adding 2 more does in a month.4 is about all the 8x10 will accommodate.This set up has kept the bunnies happy in temps from 100f down to -35f. I hope this helps.
Raech.

Back
Top Bottom