Rabbits!

It seems I stopped getting notifications.

They've gotten so big!

Once they are a bit older you be able to tell the sex better. If you have a male and female you'll need to separate them by 3 months old so they don't reproduce.
Hopefully you have two males, males get along the best. Two females will often fight after 6 months, especially if they are not fixed. Being in the same litter does not affect their relationship once they hit 6 months (which is when hormones kick in, they turn into moody teens, and are able to reproduce).

(I thought I had mentioned this already but I didn't see where it had been said but..)
Do you have the father neutered or at least separated?
Bucks find does giving birth very attractive for some reason, and so and soon as she's finished the buck will often mate her again. Does can have mate right after giving birth so they often become pregnant again.

It seems I stopped getting notifications.

They've gotten so big!

Once they are a bit older you be able to tell the sex better. If you have a male and female you'll need to separate them by 3 months old so they don't reproduce.
Hopefully you have two males, males get along the best. Two females will often fight after 6 months, especially if they are not fixed. Being in the same litter does not affect their relationship once they hit 6 months (which is when hormones kick in, they turn into moody teens, and are able to reproduce).

(I thought I had mentioned this already but I didn't see where it had been said but..)
Do you have the father neutered or at least separated?
Bucks find does giving birth very attractive for some reason, and so and soon as she's finished the buck will often mate her again. Does can have mate right after giving birth so they often become pregnant again.
Aaa -
so the father is separated and I dont think so she is pregnant (hopefully) but if she is, I am prepared. And also, how can I really sex them, I dont know sorryy

And also, how can I really sex them, I dont know sorryy
I can't really explain it without pictures.

Female:
sexingrabbits6wkdoekithiney3.jpg

Male:
sexingrabbits6wkbuckhiney1.jpg

Aaa -
so the father is separated and I dont think so she is pregnant (hopefully) but if she is, I am prepared. And also, how can I really sex them, I dont know sorryy
Personally, I have never sexed a baby rabbit.
Basically you apply a bit of pressure around their vent area to see what they have.
Some other members here have and will be able to direct you better than I will be able to, but here's an article on how to do so.
https://www.raising-rabbits.com/sexing-rabbits.html

It's best left to professionals to avoid hurting them, which a rabbit savvy vet will be able to do, but if that's not an option I recommend reading the whole article and watching a few videos before trying it yourself.

Basically you apply a bit of pressure around their vent area to see what they have.
Some other members here have and will be able to direct you better than I will be able to, but here's an article on how to do so.

It's best left to professionals to avoid hurting them, which a rabbit savvy vet will be able to do, but if that's not an option I recommend reading the whole article and watching a few videos before trying it yourself.
Yes. Check that website out. They explain it a lot better than I can.
Good luck

Okay ty! The thing is in my country rabbit vets are more rare than the kakapo and the corona situation is bad so, I will try extreme caution

Back
Top Bottom