Rabbits!

Personally, I have never sexed a baby rabbit.
Basically you apply a bit of pressure around their vent area to see what they have.
Some other members here have and will be able to direct you better than I will be able to, but here's an article on how to do so.
https://www.raising-rabbits.com/sexing-rabbits.html

It's best left to professionals to avoid hurting them, which a rabbit savvy vet will be able to do, but if that's not an option I recommend reading the whole article and watching a few videos before trying it yourself.
It is not dangers, you do not need to put much pressure at all. I pulled there tails very gently down which helped. Still reading and watching videos is a good idea

"Chomp chomp grass is delish"
IMG_20210708_120826.jpg

They run like flash now, I had a marathon yesterday and I lost

No! She gave birth again. 3 whiteys this time -
View attachment 2754066
But one has some kind of internal injury. Help! What can I do!
View attachment 2754069
Looks like he maybe got stepped on or the doe was a little rough when cleaning him. Keep him with the others so he stays warm and fed. Not much else you can do.

As far as sexing them, the video that was posted is pretty good. I would scruff mine, sit them on their butts, and apply gentle pressure. They older they are, the easier it is to tell the sex. I usually waited until 8 weeks, and really only did it when I wanted to hold one back for future breeding or one time when butchering was being delayed and I didn't want suprises with 4 month old rabbits. The rest were going in the freezer anyway, so sex didn't matter to me.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom