Rabbits!

Many does pull more fur a day or two after the kits are born. Its helpful to save some if she pulls a lot. It can be used for future litters that need it.

Does only feed once or twice a day. Other than that, they basically ignore the kits. In the wild, rabbits would stay away from the nest as much as possible so they don't attract predators.
Yepp I searched about that. And it is a very good idea to save some fur! Thank you!

Hey guys, here's an update on the babies. They are so cute I can't -
IMG_20210620_173710.jpg

My BFF raised rats when were younger and we had to hold the mom and place the babies on a nipple so they could eat. She caught on after a few feedings as well. I want to breed rabbits so bad! I'm currently up to my ears in chicks right now though. Hopefully this coming or next winter I can get some breeders or babies! Thanks for sharing you adorable fluff butts!

I just found this thread! Your babies are so so cute! Congrats!
I am absolutely bunny obsessed.
Are you new to raising rabbits? Do you breed them?
Were the parents a Dutch and a Florida White?
Thank you so much!! Yes, I am actually new to raising rabbits. I didn't really know their parents gender and suddenly on day she gave birth! I do not want to breed them again but seriously this is a fun journey! About the breeds, I am not really sure. The mother is spotted brown and white with blue eyes which turn red in light. Dad is a pure white rabbit with red eyes. Not sure about the breeds though😬 Here I have attached a picture of them which is not so good quality -
Screenshot_20210626_223914.jpg

It is a pretty old pic of them but here they are, cuddling

Back
Top Bottom