Rabbits!

I love rabbits because...

• They're sooo cute!

Votes: 52 27.5%
  • They're friendly!

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • They're entertaining!

Votes: 40 21.2%
  • They've cast me under their fluffy spell!

Votes: 78 41.3%

• Total voters
This would be, what, 3 litters in a little more than 3 months? I can see why you are worried. If it helps any, carrying a litter is nowhere near as hard on a doe as nursing is, so the first litter that she lost almost doesn't count. If you haven't done it already, mark the date on your calendar; you could lose track of the doe's possible due date with so much else going on. With a little luck, she didn't breed, but it never hurts to be prepared, just in case.

If you haven't been doing this already, I would add some Calf Manna pellets to the feed that the doe gets; either that, or mix some dry milk replacer powder with dry rolled oats and offer that in a separate dish. I'd add the rolled oats in any case, since your babies are getting old enough to start eating solid food.

Watch the doe's behavior; if she starts acting like she is digging a nest and/or carrying nesting material, you know what comes next. I don't like to wean kits that young, but if the doe acts like there is another litter on the way, it would be better to get her current litter out of her way a few days before the new kits arrive - and that means putting them in another cage.

Ok thank you guys for your help. It's been a lot going on. We our not sure these chick is going to make it. She can't walk. And the umbilical cord is attached to small intestines.and it bleed a lot. Albino is always nesting. Yes these will be the 3 rd litter. I was trying to wait and breed both females for Easter and be done for a year..I can't get my chick to the vet. My partner will lose his job if he helps her or us.

Quacker oatmeal or the stores brand.i tryed it with kits and her today they will not eat it. They love the kale and the pellets.

My English Lop 8 weeks old today.

Questions yesterday and today. I saw what appears to me as blood I can't tell where it's coming from. One was near food bowl. Mom wouldn't really go there's the other spot possible. Could kits bleed these early or is it albino. Do I need her seen by a vet.

Back
Top Bottom