Rabbits!

I love rabbits because...

• They're sooo cute!

Votes: 52 27.5%
  • They're friendly!

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • They're entertaining!

Votes: 40 21.2%
  • They've cast me under their fluffy spell!

Votes: 78 41.3%

• Total voters
Hello!

So, my dad raises rabbits primarily for meat, but since I'm a teenage girl and couldn't keep myself from falling in love with the fuzzy babies, I convinced him to let me take a weaned one home (my parents are divorced, so I only see him on weekends). After I got the New Zealand White home, my mom and I discovered it was a boy, and decided that we'd get a female so we could also breed our own meat rabbits, even though I have them mainly for pets. The female I had gotten off craigslist is half Dutch and Half New Zealand, but she came from a very dirty environment where they didn't have nearly enough water, and all of them were very malnourished. Now that she's here, with a clean cage, clean water, and good food, she doesn't know what to do with herself. She doesn't eat alfalfa pellets, won't eat vegetables, and attacks me every time that I go to touch her. She was around four and a half pounds when I brought her home, but now she's just under three pounds.

Is there anything I can do to put some weight on her?
Is she sick?
Is there a way to make her friendly, or is that just how she will be?

My mom and I were thinking maybe she had a type of worm, but I have no idea how to find out. Anyone had any input on this situation, please, tell me what I can do. I'm really worried about her. Thanks :D

my newest addition is ms snowbell

Not trying to be a control freak, but you might not want to let him do that. You don't want him getting into a habit of pooping or peeing in his food and spoiling it

X2 my kits did that now their grown their food dish is higher up to make sure they can't do that its a health concern sorry just trying to be helpful the cutest things aren't always the healthiest.

Hello I have two bunny mixes both male brothers raised them since they were seven weeks old tiny little things they were! Now they are both about 2-4 lbs dwarf rabbits.They have lionhead,angora,& a few other breeds.Lately I have had a problem with barbering so with help from another bycer I am pretty sure it was due to boredom they don't have a lot to play with in their hutch for its kinda small so I'm going to get them a bigger hutch and some toys :)

Back
Top Bottom